perth treehugger

This forum is for newcomers to the Forums to find out more about using the Garden Express Forums. It contains some general guidelines and hints on making the most of the Forums. It SHOULD NOT be used for posting queries or general chat.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, abwal

perth treehugger

Postby lucylu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi everyone

I'm Lucy, I live in Perth with my lovely family, dog chooks and garden. I absolutely LOVE gardening and try to do so as sustainably as possible. Looking forward to getting to know you and sharing here :)
lucylu
Gardener

Re: perth treehugger

Postby GoldenWattle » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Welcome Lucy. I, for one, am very jealous of all the gorgeous plants that grow in WA. In particular, I'd love to have a mottlecah and banksia coccinea. What types of plants do you have in your garden? You'll find a lot of helpful and friendly people here.

Cheers,
GoldenWattle (#)
GoldenWattle
Gardening Sage

Postby lucylu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 pm

Thanks Golden Wattle

Agreed - we have the most amazing natives here, we're very lucky.

I have a mottlecah in my garden - they're very beautiful. Our block is only 600m2 but we're on a corner so we manage to eek out a bit more space than we would otherwise. Unforunately I still haven't reconciled the idea that I don't live on a farm, so our garden is cram packed! :lol:

The verge is native jungle - pretty much all endemic to our particular soil on the coast (banksias, acacias, hakeas, dryandra, hemiandra, club rush, hardenbergia, grevilleas, melaleucas, kangaroo paws, eremophila, and couldn't resist a couple of silver princesses) - it's awesome - so low maintenance and choc full of insects, lizards and birds.

The front garden has a small vegie patch plus a herb/rose/vegie garden.

The back is L shaped and has 3 orange, 1 lime, 1 lemon, 2 tangelo, 1 avocado, 1 lilly pilly, 1 loquat, 1 white mulberry, starwberry guavas, feijoas, youngberries, blueberries, herbs, succulents, more natives, a bit of lawn, 6 chooks, a fish/frog pond and a dog! Luckily I like pruning! ;)
lucylu
Gardener

Postby abwal » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Welcome, Lucylu. I would suggest you go to your profile (in User Control Panel above) and change your location to Perth so it appears in all of your posts. This makes it easy for other members to know your climatic conditions.
Gardening is sharing.
abwal
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 am

Welcome Lucylu. I couldn't imagine trying to live on a 600m block.

I have a mottlecah in my garden

I love your garden already, even without having seen the pictures.

I have one too GW, though it's still the 15cm tubestock that it was when I put it in over a year ago. lol
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby midgin » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:00 am

Hi Lucy...welcome to the forum... I hope we get to see some photos of your garden...it sounds lovely. (Y)
midgin
Garden Wizard

Postby ColinM » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi Lucylu - welcome to the forum :D , I'm also in WA, but 'down the road a bit' in Mount Barker 8)
Dig It!

ColinM

For a man, the definition of HELL is singularly having to refit a king sized button-up doona cover that has been washed inside out!
ColinM
Senior Curator

Postby karyn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi Lucy, I'm with Pam...I love your garden and would love to see pics!
karyn
Gardening Sage

Return to Garden Express Newcomers Guide