Bulbs in a native garden

The forum for queries and discussion on bulbs and related plants such as corms, tubers and rhizomes.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Sam, Bulbinella, Lea

Bulbs in a native garden

Postby GoldenWattle » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:08 pm

I'd like to think this photo shows that a garden can look good with a mix of native and cottage garden elements:

Cheers,
GoldenWattle (#)
GoldenWattle
Gardening Sage

Re: Bulbs in a native garden

Postby TinaK » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:07 pm

That does look quite lovely doesn't it! I'd like to think that a mix of cottage & native can work well.

I'm hoping to achieve that sort of look in my garden over time.... mainly because I have old established trees and shrubs that are both native & english/european.. and they certainly look stunning together even in their unkempt state.
TinaK
Groundsperson

Postby Barbarajoy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:34 pm

I agree with you Golden Wattle. They do look good together. I also have a mix of native and non-native. I have just posted some pictures of my daylilies in Garden Gallery and they are growing amongst native plants.

Golden Wattle, I still can't work out what I'm doing wrong with my photos. Other people including you seem to have them come in at a good size but mine always come in as thumbnails. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Last edited by Barbarajoy on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barbarajoy
Head Gardener

Postby Barbarajoy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:43 pm

I was surprised to learn last night that while I put my last post in the Bulbs section I was wrong because daylilies are classed as a perennial, not a bulb. You learn something every day! :lol:
Barbarajoy
Head Gardener

Postby GoldenWattle » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Barbarajoy wrote:Golden Wattle, I still can't work out what I'm doing wrong with my photos. Other people including you seem to have them come in at a good size but mine always come in as thumbnails. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I just clicked on reply to your post and removed the thumbs directory (highlighted blue) from the link http://www.gardenexpress.com.au/photopost/data/thumbs/500/Day_lilies_with_native_plants_2.jpg to get a full size image... Hope that helps.

Cheers,
GoldenWattle (#)
GoldenWattle
Gardening Sage

Postby Barbarajoy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Thankyou so much, Golden Wattle. You've been a great help - it was such a lovely surprise to open up and see my picture at a size you can see.
Barbarajoy
Head Gardener

Postby GoldenWattle » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:43 pm

Glad I could help Barbara. :D

Cheers,
GoldenWattle (#)
GoldenWattle
Gardening Sage

Return to Bulbs