Mandivillea 'Alice du pont'

A forum dedicated to perennials, the ornamental plants that last from year to year adding colour, shape and fragrance to the garden.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, Bulbinella

Mandivillea 'Alice du pont'

Postby Angela63 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 am

Hi all, I'm hunting for the the beautiful vine manevillea Alice du pont. It used to be really popular and easily available at any nursery but I havnt been able to source it anywhere and I'm told it is no longer available. I'm hoping someone out there might let me have a cutting of theirs. I'll travel anywhere in perth, but live in Mundaring. Fingers crossed! Angela.
Angela63
Lawn trimmer

Re: Mandivillea 'Alice du pont'

Postby Jo4468 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi Angela I use to live in Perth and was in the industry over there. Give Canning Trade Mart a call and see if they know of a grower and maybe you can give the grower a ring. Unfortunately Canning Trade Mart is a wholesale nursery ( lots of growers use them to show of what they grow) but if you have an ABN you could probably purchase from them. Good luck
Don't throw it away.....someone might be able to use it........
Jo4468
Pruner

Postby Angela63 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks for that Jo, will give them a go.
Angela63
Lawn trimmer

Postby Angela63 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Cannings trademart no longer in business it seems, tried a few numbers and none in use. Another one down the gurgler.
Angela63
Lawn trimmer

Postby Jo4468 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Try Benara Nurseries in Wanneroo. Biggest wholesale nursery in the Southern Hemisphere, they might be able to help. I know they have grown it in the past. It surprises me that Canning Trade Mart no longer trade, I dealt with them for years. Keep searching and you will seek.
Don't throw it away.....someone might be able to use it........
Jo4468
Pruner

Return to Perennials