Peony roses

A forum dedicated to perennials, the ornamental plants that last from year to year adding colour, shape and fragrance to the garden.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, Bulbinella

Postby enrico » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:45 am

ellengray wrote:This is my first year growing peony roses - I have bought about 16 in total, so here's hoping. ;)

I bought a few from garden express, but most of them I bought from a huge peony farm in northern Tasmania. They don't get frosts there, and they claim you only need a cool winter rather than frost to have spectacular peonies. Thus far in my garden the peonies with the brightest and best shoots so far have been in the unfrosted areas of the garden.

I also splurged out with some 15 or 16 clematis as well - again from a local clematis farm in northern Tasmania (as I don't think we can import clematis into Tasmania ... along with potatoes, onions and any and every berry plant in existence) and some of these are evergreen.

WOW :shock: are you in for a spectecular show or what :!: My 1 :( peony has 3 beautiful new shoots come up,and it is in a pot with morning sun,not getting frost at all :D

Good luck with all yours, photos will be expected you know :wink:
enrico
Garden Wizard

Postby Ann » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:58 am

I got my tree peony seed from Tasssie and prob from there. The range they had was amazing. I could have spent a fortune :oops: :oops:
I'm a bit like Bruce's spider; try, try, try again. Sonas, Ann
Ann
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:05 pm

Just ordered 3 varieties! Can't wait to plant them. They are so nice. :)
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Previous

Return to Perennials