Named Chrysanthemums

A forum dedicated to perennials, the ornamental plants that last from year to year adding colour, shape and fragrance to the garden.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, Bulbinella

Named Chrysanthemums

Postby Marrion » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:36 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy named varieties of Chrysanthemums. I am after one that looks like a white daisy but has a green centre. It looks so attractive in floral arrangements
Marrion

Postby Ann » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:24 pm

A couple of years ago I bought a book for mail order gardening. GA mag has everything else!! There is one in Berrima, Berrima Lavender Farm, one in Mudgee, PO box 867 for catalogue ssae to Galletti Vermiculture, and one in Ecchuca, Murrayview gardens which has a catalogue but plants only available from April to July. As long as you are not in WA these can help. If you want more info, e-mail me. I love helping and being helped and I've had loads of that. Ann
I'm a bit like Bruce's spider; try, try, try again. Sonas, Ann
Ann
Garden Wizard

Crysanthemums

Postby Astar » Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:47 pm

Marrion, have you had any luck with your white crissie? If not, reply, as a neighbour of mine has loads of Cs and I can find out if he got them from the East :mrgreen: He has promised me some, but... :cry:
Flowers are like people, each unique in their own way.
Astar
Head Gardener

Chrysanthemums

Postby Marrion » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:03 pm

Have had no luck whatsoever, the contacts Ann sent to me are no longer available, so had given up....would appreciate any help from you
Marrion

Postby Ann » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:47 pm

:x Don't you just hate that!! I've just had the same experience on e-mail-they are no longer on that address. :(
Lake Nurserywas on the online nursery list and they should take themselves off if they are no longer available. If you fancy trying from seed, which I don't suppose you do, Speciality Perennials in the US have some seed varieties seed and I have had no trouble with AQUIS . I checked the prohibited list before I ordered. They get opened and checked and then repacked. I use my Visa, and maybe you do need a card.
Ann
Garden Wizard

Chrysanthemum

Postby Astar » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:26 pm

:( Marrion, I spoke to my neighbour and he got his plants from W.A. Says the guy who supplied him watered his plants with some not so good water and killed them! Sorry I was no help.
Flowers are like people, each unique in their own way.
Astar
Head Gardener

Chrysantemums

Postby Marrion » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:12 pm

Ann, I think Lake Nursery is still online and up and running, it was the the Lavender Farm and Murrayview that were not available any more.
Marrion

Postby Ann » Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:00 pm

I was a bit surprised because it seemed like a large nursery, but there are addresses online that should come off. I know chryssies are seasonal as far as mail order goes, but that there were none seemed off as they are so popular.
Ann
Garden Wizard

Return to Perennials