Judging Criteria and Prizes - Summer Garden Photo Comp

This is the Garden Express Summer Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries close March 17th 2006. Competition now closed - winners have been announced.

Judging Criteria and Prizes - Summer Garden Photo Comp

Postby ian » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:38 am

The Garden Express Summer Garden Photo Competition is for the photographs of home gardens summer flowering bulbs and perennials on display.

Photos will preferably be of garden images rather than specimen shots of individual in flowers. Photos should show what can be achieved using summer flowering bulbs and perennials, particularly in combination, to enhance a garden. The photos can incorporate plants used in pots or other containers, as well as in the garden.

Photos are not restricted to the range of bulbs and perennials available from Garden Express, though the inclusion of such bulbs will be a positive attribute.

One of the criteria is that the garden should be achievable by a typical Australian gardener without unreasonable effort or expertise or expenditure. Ideally the photo would inspire others to try similar ideas in their own garden.

First Prize is a Garden Express Voucher to the value of $200.

Second Prize is a Garden Express Voucher to the value of $60.

Closing date for entries is 17th March 2006.
Last edited by ian on Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ian
Site Admin

Postby Kerrie » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:04 am

OOoooo I'm excited... my first Calla lillies are just coming into bud! Come on, summer....

Kerrie
Kerrie
Curator

Postby Marrion » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:40 am

Easy on that trigger finger, Kerrie :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marrion

question

Postby thomas » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:49 pm

noticed the prizes seem to go to same people, is their no rule in place to say people who have won last contest leave it open for a new winner.
also saw a few photos from large properties, do not think this forum for me as i have a standard size backyard.
thomas

Postby Pam » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:37 pm

Thomas, welcome to the forums. Don't let it bother you that your garden is only a 'standard size'. I'm sure your garden is wonderful. If you look at the winner of the Spring garden competition pic you will see that it doesn't involve any particular size of garden at all.

Both comps that have been held to date have been won by seperate, well-deserving winners, and I'm sure coming up with the winning pics from all the great entries was extremely difficult.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Kerrie » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:33 pm

Hi Thomas,
My garden is a standard size block with only small portions of it built up into gardenbeds, as I have to leave most of the space as lawn for my kids to run and play ball games.
This doesn't diminish my enthusiasm for gardening, I just make the most of the space available to me (ie, the patches where they are least likely to run) and I'm planning on carefully aiming the camera to catch only the cultivated patches.

Getting a good photo is more about planning the angle of the picture you take than it is about wide-open fully-planted vistas. Sure, we'd all love to have them, but as the criteria for the competition states:
"the garden should be achievable by a typical Australian gardener without unreasonable effort or expertise or expenditure"

Snap away, you have as much chance of winning this competition as anyone else!

Kerrie
Kerrie
Curator

Postby Damien » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:17 am

I live in a townhouse with a front and back garden the size of your hand. Still a garden i can express myself in..

wow that came out wrong..

*wanders away pondering that*

Damien
"oh that says plant one metre apart... oh i see..."
Damien
Head Curator

Return to Summer Garden 2006 Photo Competition