Streetscape

This is the Garden Express Summer Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries close March 17th 2006. Competition now closed - winners have been announced.

Streetscape

Postby Luzy » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:51 pm

I took this now, before any more of the flowers went walking down the street in the hands of strangers...

It could do with a few more year's growth - it's a bit sad when the mini dahlias are bigger than the roses. :lol: The one on the right is a struck cutting that was given to me by the bloke next door two years ago and it is its first season in the ground. And I did manage to include a spring bulb, too. Still getting anenomes popping up here and there! :lol:

:)
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Marrion » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:28 pm

Looks good Luzy, the rose looks so healthy and blends in well with the Cosmos. It will look even better next year with your TLC I am sure (Y) and is that a Dahlia out already?
Marrion

Postby Shotgun Paul. » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:16 am

Morning Luzy,

Your garden looks stunning and can only get better as it grows.
As for the disappearing flowers I have a solution,its quiet simple "when do you want me to come visit with my "PET" shotgun" 8) 8) 8) 8) .

You feed me and I will sleep in my old sleeping bag near the garden-ok :!: :!: :!: .

Regards,
Paul.
Shotgun Paul.
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:12 am

I'm really tempted, Paul. Trouble is, that garden is right at hand-level when people walking past. I don't know how they manage to take the roses, though - I've never been able to snap off even a dead one! :lol:

And that is a Dahlia, Marrion. It grows to about 30 or 40cm and (in the past) has flowered for months Cross-fingers it'll do it again.
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:56 am

Good on you for scaping your street, looks a treat!

Return to Summer Garden 2006 Photo Competition