summer garden

This is the Garden Express Summer Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries close March 17th 2006. Competition now closed - winners have been announced.

summer garden

Postby kitkat » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:46 pm

Summer garden ...this part of the garden was lost to a fire about five years ago so is all fairly new...but growing at last.I think the old plough looks a bit like a giant Praying Mantis..what do you think?
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby kitkat » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:58 pm

this one is my east side driveway..iris in bloom along with the melaleuca and underneath is the cannas and lemonbalm....icloseup in front is a corner of the kitchen garden.
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Marrion » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:29 am

Your garden has recovered well, Kitkat, lots of TLC has paid off :) I love the "Praying Mantis" , he appears to be tending the bed well.
The Maleleuca and Iris look well together (Y)
Marrion

Postby Pam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:28 am

Looks awfully hot there that day. Can we have a closer look at your sculpture please?
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby kitkat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:54 pm

do you mean the sculpture in the background Pam ?
yes it was a hot day when I took the shots ..not great colour because of the light I think.
the side drive wasn't burnt in the fire ...just the whole front yard.....lost lots of proteas and melaleucas,perennials and bulbs etc ...luckily we saved the house.Fires out here move fast over the crops and are often started by cars pulling off the road into long grass ..dtrivers not realising that modern cars have a red hot catalytic converter underneath that starts fires easily in long grass. Sometimes even the harvesters start fires too......even our postie started a fire with her car one day.
All of us are on watch for fires in this weather and we are all glad to see harvest safely done.
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Pam » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:58 pm

do you mean the sculpture in the background Pam ?

Yes please!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:42 pm

That's just beautiful, kitkat! (Y) :D You must work so incredibly hard - and that neatness!!

The plough to me is someone with their head down etc..., checking out what's going on! Enjoying the greenery and colour. :D :D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby kitkat » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:27 am

Isn't it strange how we all see different things within something like that plough ...or a cloud formation ....a tree shape etc ....diversity of viewpoints adds spice to life doesn't it.I'll put a pic of the sculpture on the gallery page as soon as I find it in my 700+ images file.I am a photo -a -holic !! :lol:
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Lea » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:26 pm

Ah yes, Kitkat, cloud formations - laying back and looking at clouds with a good friend and comparing what we see! I remember doing that as a little girl in the schoolyard, and I still love it :D And I definitely see the giant praying mantis in your plough - it's fantastic (Y)
"The butterfly does not count years, but moments, and therefore has enough time." - Rabindranath Tagore
Lea
Head Curator

Postby Pam » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:01 am

On the subject of the sculpture, KitKat, while we're waiting for the pic, is it fondue?
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:50 am

lovely old plough

Return to Summer Garden 2006 Photo Competition