"Summer" in a pot

This is the Garden Express Summer Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries close March 17th 2006. Competition now closed - winners have been announced.

"Summer" in a pot

Postby Luzy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:41 pm

I guess that 'summer' is a bit misleading, as these bulbs are Autumn Snowflakes :oops: :oops: . But what are they doing flowering in mid-January???!!!! :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Lea » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:26 pm

:lol: Poor things must be a little bit confused by our weird weather these days ;) They're so very pretty though (Y) 8)
"The butterfly does not count years, but moments, and therefore has enough time." - Rabindranath Tagore
Lea
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:19 pm

Thanks, Lea, for your kind comments. Hasn't the weather been :twisted: :twisted: !!!

They are pretty, though funny little things. When I have a gravel path (dreaming 8) 8) ) or a rockery with little pockets, these will find a great home. After they flower, the foliage stays around for ages, looking just like a little tufts of a tough grass. And they love neglect - just right for me! :lol:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Return to Summer Garden 2006 Photo Competition