Down the garden path

This is the Garden Express Summer Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries close March 17th 2006. Competition now closed - winners have been announced.

Down the garden path

Postby Marrion » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:52 pm

Jockey Caps, White Tradescantia , Lorraine Lee Rose and Jacob's Ladder

Tidgridia pavonia (Jockey Caps)
Marrion

Re: Down the garden path

Postby Shotgun Paul. » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:01 am

Marrion wrote:Jockey Caps, White Tradescantia , Lorraine Lee Rose and Jacob's Ladder

Tidgridia pavonia (Jockey Caps)

Ohhhh :!: :!: :!: is that what the thing-ma-jig ishmmmm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: =p~ =p~ .
Shotgun Paul.
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:41 am

Wow, Marrion! What a great collection of flowers! :D The colours look fantastic. How long do the Jockey Caps last? (And what's the little bell-flowered plant bottom left - reminds me of Christmas Bells). :D :D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Marrion » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:17 am

Unfortunately the Jockey Caps only last for a day but they are so vibrant, I have yellow ones in another part of the garden too. The little bell-flowered plant is actually some kind of Alstroemeria and its quite invasive so I only allow a bit of it to flower, some one gave it to me and it tried to take over the garden, it is pretty though.
Marrion

Postby Lea » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:31 pm

:D Our Jockey Cap Lilies are out too Marrion ... aren't they incredibly coloured ... we bought the mixture, and they're in every colour - red, yellow, orange, and white (Y) 8)
"The butterfly does not count years, but moments, and therefore has enough time." - Rabindranath Tagore
Lea
Head Curator

Postby Marrion » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:35 pm

I haven't seen a white one, Lea, any chance of a photo?
Marrion

Postby Luzy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:23 pm

Yeah, Lea - I'd love to see a photo as well - could you, please. :D I have looked at them in catalogues, but I reckon it's best to see them when they're in a garden. They seem so incredibly vibrant - and intricate in little colour differences.
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Lea » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:12 pm

I'll get the camera into action for you 8)
"The butterfly does not count years, but moments, and therefore has enough time." - Rabindranath Tagore
Lea
Head Curator

Postby Pam » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:52 am

Wow!!! It's all so bright and sunny, Marrion. I never realised that Jockey's caps were so large - just goes to show that a picture in a catalogue doesn't really tell the whole story.

what's the little bell-flowered plant bottom left

It's alstroemeria, Luzy.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Return to Summer Garden 2006 Photo Competition