A Quiet mix.

This is the Garden Express Summer Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries close March 17th 2006. Competition now closed - winners have been announced.

A Quiet mix.

Postby Patty » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:15 pm

Here are a few pics that i have taken of my garden. I have tried to place plants in ways for maximum view.I love lupins, their colours and scents fill the air along with their height.

Patty
Cultivator

Postby Marrion » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:27 am

Gorgeous photos, Patty, I especially love the first one, such a pleasing combination (Y)
Marrion

Postby Luzy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:02 pm

Lovely photos, Patty! :D I agree with Marrion about your first shot - the colours harmonise well (though I'm sure I should know what the lemon flower is, but just can't find the name in my brain... please - what is it?)

But I am also stumped with how you got the perspective in the last shot - long lens with Photoshopping, or mirrors... :lol: The lupins look fantastic. And, as for your view - sensational! Your garden (from these pics) looks like I could walk around it for ages :D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby sunraysia1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:06 pm

What a marvelous view you have and a bonus with your interest in photography
Seeing the hills Makes me want to go back home to Tasmania
"When everything is upside down,rest if you must but don't quit"
sunraysia1
Groundsperson

Postby Pam » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:43 am

Terrific shots, Patty! I look forward to seeing more! :D

Luzy, I think they look like evening primrose??
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Marrion » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:04 am

Pam wrote:
Luzy, I think they look like evening primrose??

or Californian poppies?
Marrion

Postby Pam » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:06 am

or Californian poppies?

I didn't think the buds looked right.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Marrion » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:13 am

I think you are right, Pam :-? the buds do look like Evening Primrose buds but the flower colour is unusual, mine are either, white, bright yellow or the pink Evening Primrose
Marrion

Postby Patty » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:37 pm

Thankyou :Marion,Luzy,Sunraysial and Pam.Your comments were nice to here. I wasn't sure of the yellow plant either luzy.I thought it may have been a member of the rosa family, but found out it might well be an Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis).Still not sure.The colours do work well together.
Sunraysia, the view is about to change,as Gunns has bought the property next to us.I'm afraid it will be full of gum trees soon.But don't let me turn you off from coming back,lol.
Luzy, the shot of lupins with the valley was just taken with a normal digital camera.I lined up with the gum tree beside me and snapped.Framed in photoimpression and there it is.Nothing fancy. And yes my garden is lovely to walk around in, a lot of work at times.An acre of plants and growing.I call it Blooming Flowers.
Patty
Cultivator

Postby Pam » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:40 pm

Gunns has bought the property next to us.

How disappointing for you, Patty - a classic case of not being able to choose your neighbours, I guess! :(
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Patty » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:03 pm

Pam...... Money talks!
Patty
Cultivator

Return to Summer Garden 2006 Photo Competition