Reds and greens

This is the Garden Express Summer Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries close March 17th 2006. Competition now closed - winners have been announced.

Reds and greens

Postby Luzy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:45 pm

My goodness! Pineapple Sage grows so quickly! Both it and the dahlias behind have been quite tolerant of my tardy watering. And, for the first year, the dahlias have decided not to flop over everything else!

:D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby kitkat » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:36 pm

Love that colour dahlia Luzy.....almost heliotrope ....when I was a teen my dad always said my bathers were heliotrope ...they were just that color! Memories.
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:13 pm

Bet all the boys were after you, too! I had to look up what colour heliotrope is - reddish lavendar, I like that.

Heliotrope reminds me of the plant but the dictionary definition wasn't too kind. The one that I think that I've got (with a fragrance that 'drifts') is also close to caterpillar weed, a common noxious weed.... :roll: I had a look at my heliotrope today and found five HUGE caterpillars on it - and lots of eaten leaves. Oh well, the ants had a feast. Life goes on... :wink:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:29 am

Well I guess, Luzy, even caterpillars like their food to smell good! :lol:
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Yani » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:07 pm

Wow Luzy..so pretty!! I love helliotrope colour as well and everything purple 8) .
Yani
Garden Wizard

Return to Summer Garden 2006 Photo Competition