Having trouble finding G. Pink Ice in Perth WA

A forum for discussions and questions related to propagating and caring for Australian native plants.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack

Having trouble finding G. Pink Ice in Perth WA

Postby Carnival44 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am new on this forum so please forgive any mistakes :oops:

I live in Armadale, Perth WA and have not been able to track down the beautiful Grevillea 'Pink Ice'.
Does anyone know where I might be able to buy one from or if I can order to have sent from over east?

Thanx
Carnival44
Weeder

Re: Having trouble finding G. Pink Ice in Perth WA

Postby Wizzy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Have you tried Zanthorrea Nursery in Maida Vale, Dawsons also in Maida Vale are very good at getting plants in for you. :D
Be Happy.
Wizzy
Cultivator

Postby Carnival44 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:03 am

Hi Wizzy,

Thank you for your suggestions... They are both lovely nurseries and the staff very helpful. I have mentioned it at both (favourite places to lose myself in for hours on end....only to emerge again with a much lighter purse :-)) but neither were aware of it. I think I will try again and ask if they might be able to broaden their search for me.

I am starting from scratch in the backyard and am planning on incorporating quite a few grevilleas and eremophila's. I am new to the native world, having only dabbled unsuccessfully in the past. Probably due to my other garden beds having manures in them. This garden bed won't have any so have my fingers crossed for more success :D
Carnival44
Weeder

Postby Wizzy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:32 am

Hi Ho,
I am assuming you have tried Lullfitz's Nursery, the one in Oakford isn't that flash but they may be able to help. Do ask Dawsons if they can get it in for you they were the only ones that were able to get a Seville Orange for me I waited 4 months but they came good.
Cheers
Be Happy.
Wizzy
Cultivator

Postby Carnival44 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:37 am

Thanx Wizzy,

I hadn't thought to try Lullfitz's. I tend to avoid Thomas Road if I can these days, just too many bad accidents on that one for my liking. But I could always phone them. There is another Native Nursery out that way on King Road which I have been to a couple of times. I believe they usually only stock WA Natives.

I will let you know how I go :)
Carnival44
Weeder

Postby Schuey » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:30 am

Hi Carnival,

You can also try Oakford Native Nursery, It's out near Lulfitz on Thomas Rd. Give Nancy a call there she might be able to help.

I was at Lulfitz last Wednesday and they didn't have any pink flowering Grevilleas at all.

I too am on the lookout for a large 3*3 Pink Flowering Grevillea for my back fence Line in backyard in Camillo. I was thinking a misty pink, Pink surprise, Sylvia etc, I already have a Caloundra Gem in the front yard, it is a ripper, the flowers have a light pink/salmon hue to them so maybe I'll get another. They grow BIG apparently.
Schuey
Pruner

Postby JJCPerth » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:29 pm

I think you might find that Lullfitz has one planted in their display garden at the front of their Wanneroo nursery.
JJCPerth
Lawn trimmer

Return to Australian Natives