Valley Garden POD with SGA (sustinable gardening australia)

A Forum for discussion of ideas and techniques for gardening practices that encourage biodiversity and minimise the adverse impact on the environment through such things as reduced water use, organic pest control and wildlife friendly practices.
Includes Environmental Weeds sub-forum

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Lea

Valley Garden POD with SGA (sustinable gardening australia)

Postby tannas » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 am

SGA COMMUNITY POD
I wanted to let interested peoples know that their is a Sustainable Gardening Australia POD (productive, organic, diverse) recently been set up based in Latrobe Valley (Gippsland) and beyond.
There have been only 2 meetings so far, and the plan is to have "activity" days in a way based on certain interests that we all have. they are on the 1st Saturday of each month. For example this coming meet up is grafting our own fruit trees, with a professional guiding us and bring a plate for lunch to share.
If you are interested in joining the group i can pass on your details to Rae Who can send you the POD planner we have, and put your name on the list for the group. Rae has done a fantastic job getting this group up and running. All the info and updates in the group are sent out via email so its really good. To find out more about sga pods and sustinable based garden info check out this link to SGA http://www.sgaonline.org.au/?p=808
Regards
Tanya

:)
tannas
Head Gardener

Re: Valley Garden POD with SGA (sustinable gardening austra

Postby karyn » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:24 pm

Thanks, I'd like to see this in my area. I'll check it out.
karyn
Gardening Sage

Return to Sustainable Gardening