Steve Solomon's Complete Organic Fertilizer

A Forum for discussion of ideas and techniques for gardening practices that encourage biodiversity and minimise the adverse impact on the environment through such things as reduced water use, organic pest control and wildlife friendly practices.
Includes Environmental Weeds sub-forum

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, jack, Sam, Lea

Steve Solomon's Complete Organic Fertilizer

Postby wendysul » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:54 am

Hi there folks - new to this but thought I may be able to find some help out there.
I'm attempting to use Steve's formula for COF but REALLY struggling to find a source of oilseed meal near Melb. There are some large processing plants further afield who provide it to various industries by the ton - but none are returning my calls, and just can't seem to find a source willing to supply a couple of 25kg bags on a regular basis . I'm in the Yarra Valley area of Vic - any suggestions anyone ? PS - I do keep chooks so have access to chook poo but SS recommends that the nitrogen content in this is not an ideal source due to its tendency to have disappear on exposure to weather etc. - the idea with the seed meal is that the bugs eat it & redistribute underground as bug poo so not exposed to weather (I think).
wendysul
Apprentice

Return to Sustainable Gardening