The Messy Vegie Garden

This is the Garden Express Themed Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed June 12th 2006 and winner announced.

The Messy Vegie Garden

Postby Luzy » Sun May 07, 2006 5:40 pm

Is anyone else having trouble thinking up garden themes? Anyway, here's a pic from just over a year ago, so my second season with this garden, and it really fits the messy theme! Some of the herbs are from friends and family, while the vegies were all from seed - all a little bit too messy for easy pickings, but tasty, nonetheless. I do like to call the mess 'a natural much'... :lol:

:D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby mic » Sun May 07, 2006 8:26 pm

Wow great growth!! I lost my herb patch when I put in a limestone wall, I've tried pots but haven't had much success!
mic
Head Gardener

Postby Shotgun Paul. » Mon May 08, 2006 10:46 am

Morning all,

Mic I am lead to believe that you can transplant some herbs if not you may need to start a new one,maybe closer to the back steps of the house.

Luzy a messy garden is a good garden mine is as messy as I want it and
daughter is always on my back about tideing it up and my answer is always the same-NO :roll: 8) 8) 8) .

Have a nice day everybody.

Regards,
Paul.
Shotgun Paul.
Head Curator

Postby mic » Mon May 08, 2006 11:30 am

Hi Paul (or is that Mr Shotgun) :lol:
I have plans for a new herb patch so will try to transplant what I have in my pots.
Also Luzy, in answer to your question I am having trouble with the themed garden mostly because the only niceish bits have already been in the other comps. I do have a part of my garden that is set up to encourage the birds to come in I may have to try to catch that in its best light!! Maybe I could add slug graveyard as a theme :lol:
mic
Head Gardener

Postby Luzy » Mon May 08, 2006 2:40 pm

Hey, Mr Shotgun - I like that, mic! And I agreee with you about the messy garden bit, Paul, I wouldn't have mine any other way ('cos it takes too much work...).

Love your Bird Garden, mic, and the idea of the Slug Graveyard. I look forward to seeing both! :lol:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Sun May 14, 2006 7:29 pm

Love the garden Luzy! I reckon it's a great vegie patch. To me, that sort of vegie patch looks much better than the other 'formal'vegie patches!
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby kitkat » Tue May 16, 2006 6:33 pm

Great green Vegie Garden Luzy,and a fantastic pic idea too ! :lol: :lol: your vegie garden looks lusher than mine for this time of year,mines' all straggly dying tomatoes and just peeking through brassicas.
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Tue May 16, 2006 6:41 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: Umm, well, it was from last year, :oops: in February :oops: :oops: The herbs (plus more) are still there now, and some straggly dying tomato plants from this season. Oh, and some capsicums that I'm hoping to get before any hint of frost... :lol:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Spider Lily » Thu May 18, 2006 4:21 pm

I hope my vegie patch looks as good as that once it is planted and growing!!
Spider Lily
Gardening Sage

Postby cordelia » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:31 am

Luzy, If you call that a mess, my garden and I will have to quietly crawl into a hole in the wheelie bin..... :oops: :oops: :oops: So different when it isn't frozen solid!
You would love a quote from, I think, a no-dig organic gardener. 'I quite agree that my carrot bed is an absolute disgrace.....but my carrots are superb!'
cordelia
Senior Curator

Postby Luzy » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:06 am

:lol: Love it, cordelia! :D Must admit that I've got a small carrot patch like that. And a turnip patch... And a... :oops:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Return to Themed Garden 2006 Photo Competition