pink garden

This is the Garden Express Themed Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed June 12th 2006 and winner announced.

pink garden

Postby kitkat » Sun May 14, 2006 2:36 pm

And here's one of my pink garden , The iris aren't out yet of course but the daisies, geranium and wallflowers are nice and there is one other pink flowering perennial that I don't know the name of. Anyone know what it is? I have loaded the pic below. Eventually there will also be a fruiting pineapple feijoa there but as yet it is just 30cm high.This garden is below my kitchen window and the callistemon is home to lots of honeyeaters who look in the window at me.

kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Luzy » Sun May 14, 2006 5:04 pm

The daisies look great in the foreground, kitkat! (Y) And so lovely and lush! :D :D

(Sorry, but no idea about the other flower :? )
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Sun May 14, 2006 7:24 pm

Ooooo ooooo pick me!

The other pink flowered perennial is Centranthus ruber or Red Valerian. It can get very weedy so only let one seedhead go to see or you wil have no plant in a few years time as they can get very weedy!

Lovely garden by the way! ;)
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Spider Lily » Thu May 18, 2006 4:17 pm

The pink colours look great against the green foliage.
Spider Lily
Gardening Sage

Return to Themed Garden 2006 Photo Competition