L Plates - My Theme "Greening Australia"

This is the Garden Express Themed Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed June 12th 2006 and winner announced.

L Plates - My Theme "Greening Australia"

Postby Patricia » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:04 pm

I might be still on "L" plates when it comes to knowing the names of my plants/trees..but this is one learner who is loving every minute of it!!!

Last edited by Patricia on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby Pokie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:07 pm

Wow that looks great!

Very impressive! :D

Very lush and vigorous. Well done. :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:13 pm

Thanks Pokie, although after taking an active interest in this forum..you start to realise just how many clever gardeners there are out there!!! :lol:
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby Pokie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:16 pm

Oooh. Didnt see the first pic before. Plant some Primula's in the two pots on top. It will look even better when winter comes. :)
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:31 pm

Pokie, I chop & change "little pots of colour" constantly, often just have water in them for the birds...
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby Pokie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:43 pm

Thats probably a better idea... Gives more variety... Great Patricia, Just great.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:12 am

Patricia, not knowing what they're called obviously hasn't stopped you from growing them well! :lol: Your pics are lovely. I particularly like the first pic - it looks like a terrific spot to while away a bit of relaxation time!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Yani » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:46 pm

Wow..gorgeous garden Patricia! Now I start to imagine your railway garden extension with this pictures. Very lovely garden :) .
Mouse and Bunny ROCKS!!! :lol: :lol:

Image Image
Yani
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:57 pm

Wow, Patricia, very nice! :D And very Greening Australia, as well. That first photo looks like a wonderful alcove! :D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby kitkat » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:40 pm

MMM :lol: Patricia You have lovely 'hidden treasures everywhere in your garden. Nice photos...it looks so relaxing and welcoming. :lol:
Smiles from SueB
[color=#40BF00]
Thanks for Sharing
Gardens..... food for Body and Soul.[/color]
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Patricia » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:27 pm

Thanks Kitkat..when we moved into our house (10 yrs ago) it was a long (2 blocks actually) backyard with a few small trees along the fence line as well as two large pink roses bushes more like trees (I was told back then that they were 80 yr old). I have always loved the idea of creating garden rooms & this is what I have done....the very old winding path that led to the clothesline we left intact (most of the brick pathway consists of old convict bricks)...now of course I have to share the garden with the minature railway!!
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby mic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:43 am

I love the little circular lawn area Patricia. Great photos. Is your garden quite big??
mic
Head Gardener

Return to Themed Garden 2006 Photo Competition