Potted Colour Garden

This is the Garden Express Themed Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed June 12th 2006 and winner announced.

Potted Colour Garden

Postby Pokie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:26 pm

All these I bought as seedlings and are now growing beautifully with only one feed of seasol. The bulbs that look like weeds in the big planter are there by mistake but I think it will look even better when flowering. :D

The will be the last pic I post in this Comp!

Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:27 pm

Sorry about the size, have no idea how to scale down, even after looking at Damien's post so if a mod could please do it for me I'd be very grateful. :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:34 pm

Pokie, they look really healthy..the little purple & yellow flowers in the rectangular pot..are they called "heartsies"?
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby Pokie » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:41 pm

Thansk Patricia - The little yellow flower sin the rectangular pot - some call them heartsease, other call the Johnny-Jump-Ups. They are all violas. :D

Except one or two of the pots that arent flowering...
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:49 pm

Okay..now give me 10/10 for that!!!! LOL....I have them coming up in my lawn at the moment...will attempt to transplant them when a little bigger!!
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby Pam » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:08 am

Patricia, I love your signature!

Pokie, I don't really know how to resize them - I normally do it in Irfanview before I upload to photobucket. If the forums used html I could probably help, but with this I am lost. Maybe the faq's at Photobucket might have the answer?!
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:44 am

Patricia wrote:Okay..now give me 10/10 for that!!!! LOL....I have them coming up in my lawn at the moment...will attempt to transplant them when a little bigger!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, they come up everywhere once you have them for a while. I bought them in a punnet, hence why they are less leggy. :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:45 am

Pam wrote:Pokie, I don't really know how to resize them - I normally do it in Irfanview before I upload to photobucket. If the forums used html I could probably help, but with this I am lost. Maybe the faq's at Photobucket might have the answer?!

Ok, Thanks anyway Pam. I will attempt to chase it up with Photobucket. :)
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Yani » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:44 pm

Nice flowers Pokie! You have "green" hands for sure :) . Lovely flowers too :)
Mouse and Bunny ROCKS!!! :lol: :lol:

Image Image
Yani
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:54 pm

Lovely collection, Pokie, and it looks like you'll have great colour for a long time - please don't make this the last pic!!!! :D :D

Yani, I love your 'green hands' comment - very apt! (Y) :lol:

(And, Pokie, I don't know that Photobucket has a re-size facility, only if you upload them bigger than their limits - which seem to increase all the time - so you might want to look at getting some kind of imaging program for your computer. I believe that there are lots of freebies out there, possibly limited only by their specific features.)
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:35 pm

Yani wrote:Nice flowers Pokie! You have "green" hands for sure :) . Lovely flowers too :)

Thanks Yani. :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:37 pm

Luzy wrote:Lovely collection, Pokie, and it looks like you'll have great colour for a long time - please don't make this the last pic!!!! :D :D

Yani, I love your 'green hands' comment - very apt! (Y) :lol:

(And, Pokie, I don't know that Photobucket has a re-size facility, only if you upload them bigger than their limits - which seem to increase all the time - so you might want to look at getting some kind of imaging program for your computer. I believe that there are lots of freebies out there, possibly limited only by their specific features.)

No, Ive posted too mnay photos in this comp. I was planning to have colour until Mid Spring and looks like that might happen. :)

Every year I try and fail but this year I am putting the plants in the sun for a while before I put them in the shady pergola where I want them. :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:38 pm

Thanks for the tip too Luzy. :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Yani » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:51 pm

Now I know where to find quick help if I have trouble with plants. Just find Pokie, the Garden guru :wink:
Mouse and Bunny ROCKS!!! :lol: :lol:

Image Image
Yani
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:56 pm

LOL. I dont know everything but seeing we live in the same area, it will be great to help eachother. :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:40 am

Pokie, there is a freebie program on the web that you can use to upload/resize your photos etc...google "image shack"...that is what I use!!
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby Pokie » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:24 pm

Really? Must look into it...
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Return to Themed Garden 2006 Photo Competition