sculpture garden

This is the Garden Express Themed Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed June 12th 2006 and winner announced.

sculpture garden

Postby kitkat » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:21 pm

Could as easily call this a Wimmera garden I guess.This shows only a couple of the sculptures throughout my garden.The mouldboard plough looks to me like a giant praying mantis, the one in the distance is at the turn of the path and is one I made and fired myself, the base is a very light porous type of carvable cement with a tile I made and glazed to match the sculpture on top.
The basket work in te foreground is a small sculpture called entrapment, and is sheltering a tiny Silk tree seedling.

Smiles from SueB
[color=#40BF00]
Thanks for Sharing
Gardens..... food for Body and Soul.[/color]
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Pokie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:32 pm

Looks great! Our next door neighbours have one next to a retainign wall and at night, the spotlight silhouettes it onto the wall. Looks fanatastic!

Well Done. :)
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:38 am

I'm so glad you got this in, kitkat! The sculptures really add something different to a garden, especially these that keep your eye moving through the plants and paths. And what a great idea Entrapment is. :D (Is your rose still flowering?)
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:39 am

It will look even better once the gazanias take over. Plant some Oenothera speciosa in front of it. It ishardier than a gazania! :D and still looks fantastic...
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby kitkat » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:43 pm

well Pokie as you may have seen in other posts I am a bit concerned about actually keeping the gazanias as they have now been declared a weed. I have so many planted as borders that I just don't know what to do instead as it will cost an absolute fortune to rip them out and replace them all ...there must be at least a thousand off them bordering all my gardens.I'll look into your idea of the Oenothera too .(as long as it too doesn't become a designated weed :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Smiles from SueB
[color=#40BF00]
Thanks for Sharing
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby kitkat » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:45 pm

No Luzy that red climbing rose is struggling , I am thinking of pulling out the big Artemisia as i think it is hindering a few plants nearby.I have them growing outside the fenceline as a hedge now and will keep them all there rather than in the actual garden I think.
Smiles from SueB
[color=#40BF00]
Thanks for Sharing
kitkat
Head Curator

Postby Ann » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:36 pm

Yeh, me too. I have brightly coloured front garfden full of Gazanias. :D Now why is it only MY garden :roll: Same in Perth. I had weeds there that no-one else had from the day I bought the place :cry:
I'm a bit like Bruce's spider; try, try, try again. Sonas, Ann
Ann
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:59 pm

kitkat wrote:well Pokie as you may have seen in other posts I am a bit concerned about actually keeping the gazanias as they have now been declared a weed. I have so many planted as borders that I just don't know what to do instead as it will cost an absolute fortune to rip them out and replace them all ...there must be at least a thousand off them bordering all my gardens.I'll look into your idea of the Oenothera too .(as long as it too doesn't become a designated weed :lol: :lol: :lol: )

As long as you dont let them seed you'll be fine. :)
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:00 pm

kitkat wrote:No Luzy that red climbing rose is struggling , I am thinking of pulling out the big Artemisia as i think it is hindering a few plants nearby.I have them growing outside the fenceline as a hedge now and will keep them all there rather than in the actual garden I think.

That indeed is a huge artemisia! :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby mic » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:37 am

This looks great kitkat! Ever since this competition was announced i've been waiting for you to enter some of your garden with the sculptures :D
mic
Head Gardener

Return to Themed Garden 2006 Photo Competition