Winter in a bush garden setting

This is the Garden Express Winter Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed September 30th 2006 - winners announced.

Postby Yani » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:55 pm

Enrico, Canberra Kmart just have hardenbergias coming. They have purple only, no white ones like Luzy. When I wanna take one pot, one lady told me..you better watch it growing or it'll be uncontrollable :shock: . Is it true?? Luzy???
Mouse and Bunny ROCKS!!! :lol: :lol:

Image Image
Yani
Garden Wizard

Postby cordelia » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:32 am

Yani, you would be amazingly lucky to have an uncontrollable hardenbergia!! They can grow generously, but are easily pruned back if you really want them smaller, :shock: and they don't have a sneaky underground root growth or rampant self seeding, or anything difficult like that. They are held in check over winter here, and in the minus eight freeze the outer leaves around here have gone brown. I think you would find them a lovely plant. :D
cordelia
Senior Curator

Postby Pam » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:36 am

I don't think so, Yani.

I remember last year they were selling pots of 'twins', with both a white and a purple plant in each pot.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Previous

Return to Winter Garden 2006 Photo Competition