A Reflection Of Winter From My Dining Room - Crepe Myrtle

This is the Garden Express Winter Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed September 30th 2006 - winners announced.

A Reflection Of Winter From My Dining Room - Crepe Myrtle

Postby Patricia » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:53 pm

I have been looking at all the beautiful gardens/blooms etc being entered into this latest "Winter Competition"...& the above photo about sums up my "Winter Garden"....I must admit their is nothing nicer though than being tucked up near the fire & looking out on the beautifully coloured & twisted trunks of the crepe myrtles on a cold winters day!! ( the usual good book & a nice glass of Hunter Valley wine in hand of course)!!!! :lol: :lol:
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby enrico » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:33 am

:D ....of course :!:

Patricia,that looks a very comfy and calming spot :wink: nice photo :D
enrico
Garden Wizard

Postby sara » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:10 am

Patricia - what a fabulous idea for a photo! True enough, on some of winter's less than glorious days, the best way to enjoy your garden is from inside, with a nice hot cuppa (or a nice single malt) and a roaring fire. :)
Paradise hangs shadowed in the forgotten corners of gardens.
Come visit Sara and the cats at the restoration project at Nonsuch.
sara
Head Curator

Postby Pokie » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:03 am

Good idea!

The crepe myrtle must be stunning in flower!!! :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:41 am

Great idea, Patricia. And a sensational looking tree! :D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Actually Luzy I have four crepe myrtles edging our driveway (unfortunately I couldn't show them all in the one photo) 1 pink; 1 white; 1 dark pink & 1 mauve they do look spectacular when they flower but I must admit I love the unusual colours & shapes of the trunks.
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby Pokie » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:17 pm

Yes, their bark is spectacular! :)
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Return to Winter Garden 2006 Photo Competition