Snow in the vegie patch

This is the Garden Express Winter Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed September 30th 2006 - winners announced.

Snow in the vegie patch

Postby Yeehah » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:58 am

I've printed out Damien's instructions - Posting Photos FAQ - but the sodding thing just won't work for me. Dunno what I've done wrong *sniff!* so here is the URL for the photo I'd like to enter:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v421/ ... wJul04.jpg

When I follow the instructions I do this:

but nothing happens. Help?!?!?!?!??!
Yeehah
Propagator

Postby sara » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:53 pm

OK, what I did was this - removed some of photbucket's tags at end, thus (just need to add the final close img tag to make the photo show):

[img]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Yeehah/Potager%20-%20Vegies/SnowJul04.jpg

It is what photobucket adds in before the name of the image - all the action and view crap that ruins the action tag, so make sure you just have the name of the image file after the final /
Paradise hangs shadowed in the forgotten corners of gardens.
Come visit Sara and the cats at the restoration project at Nonsuch.
sara
Head Curator

Postby Yeehah » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:28 pm

Ahhhh, thanks, makes better sense now!

:D
Yeehah
Propagator

Postby Pokie » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:40 pm

Wow! Very wintery. :)
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:02 pm

I think that makes me glad I'm not a vegetable!!!! Wow - definitely wintered, Yeehah. I hope you've got some lovely root vegies sweetening up under there... 8) And I guess that the penguin cage is behind the fence?

So, does 'Northern Tablelands' put you Armidale-ish, or am I on the wrong place in the map?

Very nice! :D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pokie » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:25 pm

Luzy wrote:I think that makes me glad I'm not a vegetable!!!!

:lol:! :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Yeehah » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:05 pm

Yes, 60km north of Armidale, 40km south of Glen Innes. The little village I live in is called Ben Lomond. I have an acre of land, 40m x 100m, a spring-fed dam and a wee little creek.

No, I don't have any winter vegies sweetening up, I'm afraid. Only some very old silverbeet that is probably so bitter, from lack of water, that the chooks wouldn't touch it! I have no tap water, only the house tank, and the tiny creek a little further down the slope from the snowy potager garden. I'll bucket water up to the vegies when necessary. But trying to keep stuff alive when we have -10oC winter mornings and bugger-all winter rainfall isn't much fun.

We had no snow this year, only sleet a bit on a couple of days. It's the first snow-less winter since I moved here in 1999. It's a bit sad to be going into spring with no snow photos.

And no penguins either :( but a neighbour brought over 2 poddy lambs this evening :) I have to wait till 10pm to feed them. The ewe had triplets, decided she liked one and walked away from my two. We've called them Mary and Bunty. They're nearly a day old, we think, so it will interesting how they go.
Yeehah
Propagator

Postby Pokie » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:10 pm

Penguins! :lol: :D :D :D
Pokie
Garden Wizard

Postby Shotgun Paul. » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:08 am

Love the photos cant wait for more to see what veges you end up in such
a terific garden,well done. :) 8)
Shotgun Paul.
Head Curator

Postby waldon » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:59 am

Yeehah wrote:Yes, 60km north of Armidale, 40km south of Glen Innes. The little village I live in is called Ben Lomond. I have an acre of land, 40m x 100m, a spring-fed dam and a wee little creek.

No, I don't have any winter vegies sweetening up, I'm afraid. Only some very old silverbeet that is probably so bitter, from lack of water, that the chooks wouldn't touch it! I have no tap water, only the house tank, and the tiny creek a little further down the slope from the snowy potager garden. I'll bucket water up to the vegies when necessary. But trying to keep stuff alive when we have -10oC winter mornings and bugger-all winter rainfall isn't much fun.

We had no snow this year, only sleet a bit on a couple of days. It's the first snow-less winter since I moved here in 1999. It's a bit sad to be going into spring with no snow photos.

And no penguins either :( but a neighbour brought over 2 poddy lambs this evening :) I have to wait till 10pm to feed them. The ewe had triplets, decided she liked one and walked away from my two. We've called them Mary and Bunty. They're nearly a day old, we think, so it will interesting how they go.

Wonderful reading, I get mesmerized by these stories, please tell more.

city slicker yearning for wider open spaces
Wal
Brisbane
waldon
Curator

Postby Luzy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:51 pm

waldon wrote: city slicker yearning for wider open spaces

With you on that, Wal.

Sounds great, Yeehah, though I imagine that things can get a bit hard sometimes - but only if you let them??? It sounds like a lovely, simple lifestyle. Umm, what are you planning with the poddy lambs?

Hope you show us some more of your place! :D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Return to Winter Garden 2006 Photo Competition