Australian Garden Sheds Needed

This is the general garden forum where you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. Use the topic specific forums where appropriate.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

Australian Garden Sheds Needed

Postby AdamBorzy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:51 am

Hi all,

I need help please.

I am looking at setting up a small garden shed at the back of my block of land.
I have looked at this:
http://www.cheapsheds.com.au/produc...v ... er-g66-cb/ in the smooth cream colour.

They have a flooring frame that goes with it that I can use but thought it would be nice to buy ply wood locally so I can use it as a floor. BTW, the area I am looking at is sloping down. I'm also considering If I’d have to use a brick or concrete to level it out.

What do you guys think? Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I have another 2 weeks or so before I decided to get this.

All the best.
AdamBorzy
Groundsperson

Re: Australian Garden Sheds Needed

Postby Pam » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:39 am

The link didn't work Adam
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Bill O » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm currently constructing a shed on sloped ground as well.

Building the shed will be easy, its the foundation where most of the effort is going.

I've dug a flat base into the ground, which means its deeper at the front than the back (as the ground is sloped). Trucked in a ton of 20mm blue metal and filled in the base to around 6 inches deep. Around the edges of the base I've placed drainage ag pipe and wrapped it in socking to keep the silt down before fully covering it with the blue metal. Also around the edges is 15 cm high plastic garden edging to keep the soil more or less separate from the blue metal.

On this, I'll lay 9 large 2.4mx10cmx20cm sleepers stacked 3 deep to elevate the shed above the gravel, even at the deep end of the base, and use marine ply for flooring.

The ply floor will be cut to be inside the shed, with the shed actually sitting on the sleepers - a large sheet of plastic under the flooring and pinned to the inside of the shed should keep it completely dry.

I dont see why it shouldnt work... my only hesitation is that the whole thing might need to be shored up on the downwards side if it starts to slip, but I think this is unlikely and I'll deal with it if and when it occurs.
Bill O
Groundsperson

Postby AdamBorzy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:16 am

Hi Pam,

Thanks. Here's what I've been contemplating to buy:
http://www.cheapsheds.com.au/product/48 ... er-f83-cb/
I think it would be a good quality garden shed. On the other hand, I would like to consider that Bill however time won't allow me to do it for now. :-?
AdamBorzy
Groundsperson

Postby PergolasAdelaide » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:23 am

Hey guys I think this nice pergola design can be used as a garden shed. http://www.thinkhi.com.au/pergolas/
PergolasAdelaide
Apprentice

Return to Garden Forum