trough size

This is the general garden forum where you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. Use the topic specific forums where appropriate.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

trough size

Postby dab » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:58 am

Hi everyone,
I have 20 odd native violet ground covers in 15cm pots. I want to transfer all of them into one long trough but due to site limitations can only make the trough 10cm high.
Each plant will be 30-40cm apart. I have been told that the plants will prefer more width than depth and that the 10cm should be fine.

What do you guys think, will 10cm depth of soil with ample width be enough for them to take off?

Thanks
dab
Apprentice

Re: trough size

Postby dalelesley » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:24 am

I have mine growing in the ground as a ground cover under my patio true the depth has no baring on your question but I have seen them growing quite happily in between cracks on foot paths etc so I don't think the depth would be such a big issue. However when in doubt as your nursery.
dalelesley
Head Gardener

Re: trough size

Postby dab » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks for your response, yes I thought it should be fine. I will double check with the nursery tomorrow. Thanks again. .
dab
Apprentice

Return to Garden Forum