What type of plant is good for our bedroom?

This is the general garden forum where you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. Use the topic specific forums where appropriate.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

What type of plant is good for our bedroom?

Postby gustavowoltmann » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi everyone my name is Gustavo Woltmann and I am an assistant in a small publishers office for more than 10 years. Just want to ask for your suggestions on what type of plant can I put in our bedroom that may require minimal sunlight?
gustavowoltmann
Apprentice

Re: What type of plant is good for our bedroom?

Postby Pam » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:57 am

Aspidistra does very well in low light conditions.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby abwal » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:43 pm

If you have good light - not direct sunlight- near a window, you may like to try phalaenopsis orchids or African Violets.
Gardening is sharing.
abwal
Garden Wizard

Postby MarkSindone » Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm

I have had issues with daily sleep and I did some research online for some natural remedies. I found out that the aloe vera plant and the lavender flower make really good solutions to ease or at least alleviate insomnia. They have other medicinal values too, so I would reckon you place these in your room.
Mark Sindone @ http://supercheapselfstorage.com.au/facilities/sydney/sydney-inner-west/
MarkSindone
Cultivator

Postby karyn » Mon May 08, 2017 8:35 am

I'm a big fan of the Peace Lilly - Spathiphyllum. They don't need much direct sun, but would benefit from going outside every few weeks for a refresher - hose off the dusty leaves and let them soak up a bit of dappled sun.
karyn
Gardening Sage

Postby markgrogan » Mon May 15, 2017 7:06 pm

There is an article I read recently about easy to manage indoor houseplants that actually have some health properties to boot. There should be quite a number that would be suitable for you! I didn't save in in bookmark storage so I can't pull it out right now, but I’m sure you could find the article with a quick search on Google or something. Good luck and have fun finding something green for your room!
Mark Grogan @ http://supercheapselfstorage.com.au/facilities/storage-wollongong/
markgrogan
Pruner

Return to Garden Forum