Burglar barrier plants

This is the general garden forum where you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. Use the topic specific forums where appropriate.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

Burglar barrier plants

Postby ennoh » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:23 am

I have one area at the front of our home that is vulnerable to burglaries. We haven't had one yet, but recently I noticed some footprints on the wall at that area and it was evident that someone hopped up on to the elevated garden bed and tried to scale the wall to get on to the roof. I decided that the way to fix the problem was to plant a thorny plant just next to the wall - so I planted a native Australian finger lime - the Microcitrus Australasica Chartreuse. In the four months that we have had it, its hardly grown and I think I have to find another plant to replace it. I live in Perth and the soil is very sandy. The area would get morning sun and my preference is for a native, but if there's nothing suitable, then I would have to consider something else. I want the plant to grow to 1.5 to 2 metres. Does anyone have any ideas for what to plant?
ennoh
Apprentice

Re: Burglar barrier plants

Postby ymfoster » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:27 am

I have an Aloe Vera that is very spikey, they are quite showy when in flower also,

Yvonne
Attachments
aloe_vera.jpg
ymfoster
Curator

Return to Garden Forum