Organic Garden Cambodia, Advice/help needed

This is the general garden forum where you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. Use the topic specific forums where appropriate.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

Organic Garden Cambodia, Advice/help needed

Postby Ceciele » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Hey Garden Express forum,

Today I am here because I am looking into creating my own little organic garden. I am out living in Cambodia and don't get me wrong it's a beautiful country full of beautiful people and foods but due to the Khmer Rouge about 37 years ago the country had taken a huge knock back. This means when it comes to adding chemicals to their grows they have no idea what they are doing and sometimes I come across the most beautiful looking Eggplant and when you cook it you can taste the chemicals inside, it's not good.

So, I have no idea how to grow anything, if it wasn't for my mother I wouldn't have got to adulthood hahaha but seriously where do I start and what can I grow? the Climate is very hot and humid here so what grows best in this kind of climates?? Also when it comes to soil/compost, what should I do? make my own? or just dig some up out of the garden? saying this the soil doesn't look too great in the back garden but there are banana trees growing out of it so it can't be all that bad? If there are also any books/Ebooks you guys could suggest that would be awesome I don't mind a bit of reading. Normally I check out this site for most of my stuff but you will find it's awesome for gardening https://www.easyprices.com/

Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and getting my little organic garden growing. Once I have an idea of what I'm doing in the future I would love to pass on this knowledge to the local farmers to start some more healthy organic growth there as well.

Cheers Garden Expressers

Example of what I am looking to set up below
Last edited by Ceciele on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ceciele
Weeder

Re: Organic Garden Cambodia, Advice/help needed

Postby Ceciele » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Reading through this forum I have learned that you have to start from the ground up literally so I will be starting off with my own organic compost. It seems to make my own mix is going to be a lot easier than expected, it's simply getting some soil that is in my garden, dead leaves and pretty much most waste material add it all together in a bucket and turn by-daily, withing three to four weeks you have beautiful compost o start the organic growing.

Now it's to move on to the organic feed??? I'm clueless on this matter and I'm really hoping you guys come across and help a man out!!

Thanks
Ceciele
Weeder

Return to Garden Forum