Electrical Question

This is the general garden forum where you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. Use the topic specific forums where appropriate.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

Electrical Question

Postby Perry The Pom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:57 am

G'day
This is concerning Gardening but more of a Electrical question. I was after a Heat Mat for when I plant seeds. I went on EBay and found one at a reasonable price so I purchased 2. They came from China. When they arrived I noticed that the Electric Plug was not like the Aussie ones. Also it stated that it must be used with 120 Volt. Will I be able to get some type of plug so that I can still use them? I do not know any Sparkies I can ask.
Cheers Perry
Perry The Pom
Weeder

Re: Electrical Question

Postby markgrogan » Mon May 22, 2017 2:54 pm

You can probably head to any Bunnings or hardware store and ask them for a current/voltage convertor. Most people would have something similar in storage for other types of appliances and electric items that require a different wattage. I generally would not trust anything coming from China though. Best you check and see if you have a warranty before you try anything with those heating mats too. Good luck!
Mark Grogan @ http://supercheapselfstorage.com.au/facilities/storage-wollongong/
markgrogan
Pruner

Re: Electrical Question

Postby Perry The Pom » Mon May 22, 2017 5:54 pm

G'day Mark,
I purchased a transformer from Leading Edge and both mats are working fine.
Cheers Perry
Perry The Pom
Weeder

Return to Garden Forum