Help with Aluminium Cutting

This is the general garden forum where you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. Use the topic specific forums where appropriate.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Luzy, jack, Sam

Help with Aluminium Cutting

Postby InsanityShard » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:40 pm

So, today I bought what I thought was 4 aquatic plants for my fish tanks... Only to find out that one of them, and Aluminium, is actually a terrestrial plant- not just that, this is a cutting without roots. My mum says just use root powder, but aside from that, what else can I do? I currently have the bottom of the stems in filtered water. I know my tank water will be very good for it, there's too much nutrients in there, hence the plants... But I need to know how to care for this from cutting to plant. I've never grown a cutting before, all the tank plants I get usually have roots established. I have slow release orchid fertliser balls available. I do have an empty tank suitable for a terrarium, but last time I had it set up with some frogs in there it got invaded by ants that made their next in there. If I set it up again, and the ants return, will they harm the plants? I'd stick it in with some basic ferns.
InsanityShard
Lawn trimmer

Re: Help with Aluminium Cutting

Postby InsanityShard » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:29 pm

Please, it's wilting and I don't know what to do. I want to keep it.
InsanityShard
Lawn trimmer

Re: Help with Aluminium Cutting

Postby InsanityShard » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Too late. =[
InsanityShard
Lawn trimmer

Return to Garden Forum