Spring Corner

This is the Garden Express 2006 Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed November 30th 2006. Judging complete and winners announced.

Spring Corner

Postby Spider Lily » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:07 pm

Wasn't sure whether to enter this or not but thought "what the heck"

Spider Lily
Gardening Sage

Postby The Estate » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:38 pm

Great pic, what is the name ? of the fuschia ? looks like Lord Byron not sure :?: :?: very pretty love them.
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:29 pm

Wow, that's so pretty, Spider Lily! :D Your fuschia looks so good - as do your cyclamens :shock: Are they in the ground?

One more question: do you call that lovely ground cover Aluminium Plant, or am I thinking about somthing different?
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Comeilotei » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:41 pm

That's very pretty SL! I'm glad you posted it here!

Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Plant a garden and you plant happiness!
Comeilotei
Garden Wizard

Postby Spider Lily » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:55 pm

Thanks Thee, Luzy and Comeilotei!

Thee, I am not sure of the name of the Fuschia. I did look it up once but I have since forgotten :oops: . I think it may be time to look it up again.

Luzy, I think it is called Aluminium plant but am not 100% on that. The tag says Lamium White Nancy. I bought it because I love the colour of the foliage and it has spread nicely. Other than that I don't know much else about them.
Do you know anything about them? Are they a pest?
Spider Lily
Gardening Sage

Postby The Estate » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:22 am

Do you know anything about them? Are they a pest?

Looks great in hanging baskets, and YES it can get out of control, keep your :shock: on it. Still pops up in my garden after 15 years of trying to get rid of it :cry: :cry:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:48 pm

Wow, what a fancy name - White Nancy 8) My mum had (has?) some - not as pretty as yours though - and while it spread it was also easy to pull out when she wanted a space for something else. She's near Sydney, maybe it behaves differently Melbourne-way?
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby enrico » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:31 pm

Luzy wrote:Wow, that's so pretty, Spider Lily! :D Your fuschia looks so good - as do your cyclamens :shock: Are they in the ground?

One more question: do you call that lovely ground cover Aluminium Plant, or am I thinking about somthing different?

Luzy....I recently saw this plant :? the nursery had' Jack Frost' on the label :roll: maybe it is a aluminium rello :lol: :lol:
enrico
Garden Wizard

Return to Spring Garden 2006 Photo Competition