Young Spring Garden

This is the Garden Express 2006 Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed November 30th 2006. Judging complete and winners announced.

Young Spring Garden

Postby froglover » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:50 am

I have already posted a few photos of this part of the garden, but here are a couple more! This part of the garden is less than 8 months old and combines flowers, trees, shrubs, fruit trees and shrubs, herbs and vegies in most parts of the garden. In the centre you can just see silverbeet in front of blackcurrant bushes and next to them is the potato patch with beetroot and basil as well! So far, everything is thriving and growing nicely together! If you 'think outside the square' and make the best use of your land, you can create anything you want! :)

The next photo is taken a bit further down behind the GE Silver Birches! In this photo the potatoes are just to the right of the Weeping Birch.

WHEN I get my OWN Canon camera back from repairs (I used other halfs small Olympus for these!) I will post a few more, hopefully much better and clearer! :)

I just found this photo taken in early June 2006 - BIG difference!! :)

froglover
Senior Curator

Postby The Estate » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:03 am

WOW it's come along way Froffy, you must be sooooooooo pleased as it looks fantastic =p~ (Y)
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Yani » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:00 am

Gosh...what a progress in few months time! Well done Froggy :) . Your garden look amazing. As you said, you can create anything you want and make the best use of your land!
Mouse and Bunny ROCKS!!! :lol: :lol:

Image Image
Yani
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:57 am

I just found this photo taken in early June 2006 - BIG difference!!

You're not kidding! It's looking terrific, Froglover.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby froglover » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:33 pm

Thank you TheE, Yani and Pam for your lovely comments. :)
It is rewarding to see ones hard work pay off! Still much more to do, so be prepared for more updates over coming months!! :D
froglover
Senior Curator

Postby tilly » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:05 pm

looks great....is it a huge area looks to be.....
tilly
Gardening Sage

Postby froglover » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:42 pm

tilly wrote:looks great....is it a huge area looks to be.....

Tilly, this is just one side of the house ( we have a rear block of 1680sqms) and about the size of a normal largish backyard - the other side is nearly all Native garden and the large pond! :) Will be posting more photos from that side in about a week or so, providing I get my camera back from Canon! :D
froglover
Senior Curator

Postby Luzy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:59 pm

So beautiful, Froggy - just love the combination of good stuff to look at and good stuff to eat. Though the good stuff to eat looks great, too!

The flowing pathway is really special! :D :D
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Froggy

Postby abwal » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:57 pm

Absolutely beautiful. Very lush looking.

I envy you the space. I have reached the stage where I have to practice crop rotatation. I had to give away most of my bromeliads to make way for our lily collection and already they are overflowing to other gardens.
Gardening is sharing.
abwal
Garden Wizard

Postby froglover » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:08 pm

Luzy wrote:So beautiful, Froggy - just love the combination of good stuff to look at and good stuff to eat. Though the good stuff to eat looks great, too!

The flowing pathway is really special! :D :D

Thanks Luzy. :) We basically mix in the food crops wherever there is sun as this is quite a big shady block, and the most sunny spot is the top cottage garden with the 2 big gum trees. :D No room for food crops up there except the dwarf Fuji apple. Where the 2 rows of spuds are, there is a big Rhubarb behind, a D'Agen Plum tree and in front of the spuds are baby beets, basil and a bit further up is silverbeet, parsley and a stray tomato!! :?

I remember reading that Jackie French grows her vegies this way - anywhere there is room for them and not in proper vegie patch, so I thought 'why not'? :D :D
froglover
Senior Curator

Postby Spider Lily » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:21 pm

WOW!
Froglover what an enormous amount of work......well worth it! It doesn't look like a new garden. To me it looks like a well maintained established garden! Well done :D
Spider Lily
Gardening Sage

Return to Spring Garden 2006 Photo Competition