My Spring Garden

This is the Garden Express 2006 Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed November 30th 2006. Judging complete and winners announced.

Postby Luzy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:26 am

Your garden sounds fabulous, cordelia - hope Yani can get there soon so we can see it! And how come your pots got an invite to the wedding???!!! :D

I think you're right with the climate here, Pam, but I still like the foliage of the broms. The area gets sun for six months of the year, plus reflection off the house. Strangely, cannas didn't like it there at all???
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:34 am

When I collected will post a new thread.
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Comeilotei » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:12 pm

Cordelia, Yr garden sounds delicious!!!!!!! Look forward to seeing some pics, and Yani's excellent photography of course!

Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Plant a garden and you plant happiness!
Comeilotei
Garden Wizard

Postby Yani » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:56 pm

Sorry just read this thread. Thank you for the compliment. I started to read camera manual as Luzy said to take good pictures :oops: :oops: . I'd love to go Cordelia's place. Just extremely busy this weekend. We put pavers down and use it as stepstones. Now we are waiting for the white pebbles delivery to complete the job. Also trying to rescue the lawn as half of them are drying now :cry: :cry:

Once I can manage to escape for few hours, I'll make sure to make trip to Cordelia's place to take pics.
Mouse and Bunny ROCKS!!! :lol: :lol:

Image Image
Yani
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:14 am

The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:28 pm

Aha! So tha's what a brom flowering in Melbourne looks like...
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:32 pm

:oops: :evil: :lol:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:37 pm

Luzy, how much light do yours get?
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:47 pm

Pam, I would have thought heaps. I've had mine for more than two years - one gets a minimum of three hours direct sun, gradually being shaded by the house throughout the day. This time of year, I would think it'd get at least five hours of good light. I love the foliage, and it's getting pups for the first time now.

I have three, maybe four, different types down the side of the house. That area does not get direct sun for six months of the year (when it does get reflected light from a window for a few hours). Now, it's getting what I think is good light for about ummm... (without taking special notice) five-ish hours, with quite a few of them being direct. Of course, now that I've taken out the fuschias, the direct is more.

One of the broms has flowered annually, one of those really thin spikey ones, with spikes that come up and then droop and flower - I'm sure you know the ones...

How about I start a new thread about it: How to make Luzy's bromeliads flower in Melbourne. :lol: :lol:

Oh, and sorry to be hijacking the thread... :oops: :oops:
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:53 pm

How about I start a new thread about it: How to make Luzy's bromeliads flower in Melbourne.

Yes, do that, but don't forget the pics. :wink: :lol:
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:21 pm

Oh, and sorry to be hijacking the thread...

no probs. i could learn from this as well :shock:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Previous

Return to Spring Garden 2006 Photo Competition