My Spring Garden

This is the Garden Express 2006 Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed November 30th 2006. Judging complete and winners announced.

My Spring Garden

Postby The Estate » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:23 am

I like this one :lol: :lol:

[/img]
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Comeilotei » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:51 pm

Me too! Lovely TheE, just lovely!

Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Plant a garden and you plant happiness!
Comeilotei
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:01 pm

Very, very cool - it's gorgeous, TheE. Your lady looks new? I can't quite tell if it's Alice?

And is that Pink Mist AKA Marshmallow poking its head up in a couple of places? I bought one probably 6 or 7 years ago now, but have never had the poor thing in one spot long enough for it to flower. :roll:
Pam
Garden Wizard

spring garden

Postby abwal » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:37 pm

Mixed planting- my favourite type of garden. It's great. Top roses.
Gardening is sharing.
abwal
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:41 pm

Pam wrote:Very, very cool - it's gorgeous, TheE. Your lady looks new? I can't quite tell if it's Alice?

And is that Pink Mist AKA Marshmallow poking its head up in a couple of places? I bought one probably 6 or 7 years ago now, but have never had the poor thing in one spot long enough for it to flower. :roll:

another funny story :cry: my poor lady was out the front in the rose garden next to the front door, (refer bucket) and she fell of her perch so to speak, end up needing her arm in plaster, a total hip replacement and decided it would be a good idea to get her tubes tied at the same time, went home to Manwells elcheapo medical clinic and also came back with a face lift, so now she in placed on compacted sand and a round concrete base and dont ask me what he did to poor Nigel :cry:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:45 pm

Sorry and getting back to the marshmellow, you talking about the pink arum that was released about 6 - 7 years ago, another funny story :lol:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby cordelia » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:45 pm

Pam, I think you might be looking at hollyhocks...same sort of thing...I think it is in the :? mallow family.
cordelia
Senior Curator

Postby Pam » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:31 am

Cordelia, I am refering to the plants just to our left of the surgically enhanced lady. Pink arums of some sort or another. And TheE, what's the story? You're such a tease! :roll:
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:32 am

cordelia wrote:Pam, I think you might be looking at hollyhocks...same sort of thing...I think it is in the :? mallow family.

Yes hollyhocks as well, they are the black one, collecting seed later this year for those who want, be post after the event.
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:06 am

Pam wrote:Cordelia, I am refering to the plants just to our left of the surgically enhanced lady. Pink arums of some sort or another. And TheE, what's the story? You're such a tease! :roll:

My very first visit to the big gardening show here in melb. I bought the pink arum. a very small piece was $12.00 :twisted: , and yes it sant in the garage for over 6 months coz i forgot to plant it :evil: all shrivelled up and did not l :shock: k :D , anyways plnated it and now have it everywhere, so I hopes the BBQ peoples will help me thin it out :lol:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:21 am

Thee...another great pic of your lush garden...shame Melb is so far from my place would have loved to be at BBQ & check out where you spend your time "giving orders & cracking the whip" etc!! well done!! :lol:
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby The Estate » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:23 am

Patricia wrote:Thee...another great pic of your lush garden...shame Melb is so far from my place would have loved to be at BBQ & check out where you spend your time "giving orders & cracking the whip" etc!! well done!! :lol:

thanks Pat :P
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Yani » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Gorgeous, thee.

The charming lady didn't look like she had cosmetic surgery before :lol:
Mouse and Bunny ROCKS!!! :lol: :lol:

Image Image
Yani
Garden Wizard

Postby Luzy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:40 pm

Looks excellent, Thee! :D I don't know how you do it!

Pink Mist, eh??? Could be a good thing for The Side Garden (which we cleared out today - no more fuschia!) D'reckon that'd go with bromeliads, Pam? (That's the bromeliads that don't ever flower... )
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:58 pm

Luzy wrote:Looks excellent, Thee! :D I don't know how you do it!

Pink Mist, eh??? Could be a good thing for The Side Garden (which we cleared out today - no more fuschia!) D'reckon that'd go with bromeliads, Pam? (That's the bromeliads that don't ever flower... )

No probs heaps ATM, first in best dressed, can pop some into a pop for you, want :shock: some white ones as well :cry: what also some height there as well, like cannas, have nice verigted one for that corner near dining table :?: the more I clear out more r :shock: m for moi :lol:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:24 pm

D'reckon that'd go with bromeliads, Pam? (That's the bromeliads that don't ever flower... )

Luzy, if they are getting adequate light(?), (not necessarily sun), I can it may have a lot to do with your climate. They never flowered for us at Dubbo either, leaving us wondering why we'd bothered with them in the first place.

To your question, I think they'd probably go together quite well. with the arum foliage having quite a 'tropical' look to it.

On the subject of which, all you victorians, don't forget to catch Ian's garden on GA tomorrow arvo. It's the last segment on the show.

Just one thing, Luzy, don't put your arums too close to the bromeliads - those serrated edges are just like a saw on foliage that is in contact with them.
Last edited by Pam on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby The Estate » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:36 pm

Sorry, Luzy, I can fairly confidently tell you that that probably has a lot to do with your climate. They never flowered for us at Dubbo either, leaving us wondering why we'd bothered with them in the first place.

:oops: :oops: well I just t :shock: k a pic of one I found in a bin 12 monhs ago and sorry cant see pic till Mon. when back at work , working very :evil: hard and usual, also forum time of course :shock: :?: plus have others , or one Manwell gave me years ago and it still flowers, maybe depends on the bread or type, :?: :idea:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby cordelia » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:34 am

TheE, Black hollyhocks? Yes please to seeds, tho I'll have to beg Yani to hatch them for me...she is much better at looking after seeds.
I have a pink one flowering, so if anyone wants some of those seeds, I will collect them.
My Dutch irises looked fabulous yesterday...bit weary today. Coreopsis blooming bright and yellow next to a white gauria...very pretty..., delphiniums and larkspur and cornflower flowering in competition with a zillion seeding parsley plants, peonies growing well, lettuces HUGE.
The 16 varieties of pinks nearly all survived, and are flowering freely and wafting their scent around. I need Yani and her clever photography! :P

Double delight and friesia roses smelling fabulous. Many thanks to the person who started the 'favourite smelly rose' forum, and to those who recommended those 2 roses. I love them!
And all the pots of petunias and pansies have gone off to a wedding! :D :D
cordelia
Senior Curator

Postby Pam » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:22 am

The 16 varieties of pinks nearly all survived,

Shall look forward to the pics. I didn't know there were anything like that number of varieties in them.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Spider Lily » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:07 am

Another beautiful part to your garden TheE. Your lady looks lovely even with all that cosmetic surgery :D
Spider Lily
Gardening Sage

Next

Return to Spring Garden 2006 Photo Competition