Bargain pots and trays

A forum dedicated to bonsai, the art of growing dwarfed, ornamentally shaped trees or shrubs in small shallow containers.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, taffyman, DrDuncs

Bargain pots and trays

Postby alpinebonsart » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm

These were purchased from a seller on ebay who had lost interest in Bonsai for personal reasons . Advertised as approx' 70 pots with a starting price of $200 i put in a bid well in excess of the starting price and nobody made a bid .When i picked up the pots the lady asked if i would be interested in 2 more large trays 600mm long and i agreed settling on $280 in total.When i arrived home and unloaded them there was 87 in total . A price per pot was a whopping $3.30 each. Sometimes the man upstairs smiles down on me .
100_4289.jpg
100_4291.jpg
100_4292.jpg

The good mixture of terracotta , ceramic , glazed and unglazed are of Japanese and Chinese origins , largest pot is 480mm x480mm and the trays are 550mm - 600mm .Only 15 out of the 87 items were used the rest still had the price tags on them and were covered with sand from the back yard . I will fill these up in no time with all the trainer i have on hand .Cheers and happy bonsai
alpinebonsart
Curator

Re: Bargain pots and trays

Postby Carolyn1978 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Ah you've gotta love ebay! Great buy! :D
Garden tragic.
Carolyn1978
Head Gardener

Postby DrDuncs » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:44 am

Wow, that's a lot of pots....... Great price considering the size of some of them. The Reject Shop often has small to medium size pots from between $2 and $5 although they are usually high gloss so not suitable for all situations.
Caution: Learner Green Thumb - Plant Survival Not Guaranteed
DrDuncs
Curator

Postby alpinebonsart » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:42 am

Carolyn1978 wrote:Ah you've gotta love ebay! Great buy! :D

I was actually looking for another Motorbike , but these popped up and i didn't think twice about having a bid
alpinebonsart
Curator

Postby alpinebonsart » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:49 am

DrDuncs wrote:Wow, that's a lot of pots....... Great price considering the size of some of them. The Reject Shop often has small to medium size pots from between $2 and $5 although they are usually high gloss so not suitable for all situations.

Some of these are reject shop pots about 10-12 as you described the rest are quality stamped Vixing , Dong Fang and Mizutani as well as some other unknown stamps .Can't read Chinese or Japanese .Cheers
alpinebonsart
Curator

Return to Bonsai