Trays landscapes and more

A forum dedicated to bonsai, the art of growing dwarfed, ornamentally shaped trees or shrubs in small shallow containers.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, taffyman, DrDuncs

Trays landscapes and more

Postby alpinebonsart » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:59 pm

This is my serious attempt at making trays ,slabs , landscapes , pots and anything else i can manufacture using this method . Whilst the method is under raps the materials a used in the construction industry and my methods of use a unconventional from the normal .
100_4805.jpg
landscaping mediums
100_4800.jpg
Large slabs up to 1 metre
100_4824.jpg
small landscape trays

The methods have been varied for the pots under construction , all are free form . Cheers
alpinebonsart
Curator

Re: Trays landscapes and more

Postby taffyman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:13 pm

They sure are unconventional - but what a magnificent job! Now you've got me thinking because I need a particular size pot that I can't get :-? It's a 'Moon' pot, but larger that the ones I've seen on offer. Your way of making then would seem the ideal way to get one (Y)
Taffy
Have fun, life is way too short for anything else
taffyman
Garden Wizard

Postby alpinebonsart » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:47 am

taffyman wrote:They sure are unconventional - but what a magnificent job! Now you've got me thinking because I need a particular size pot that I can't get :-? It's a 'Moon' pot, but larger that the ones I've seen on offer. Your way of making then would seem the ideal way to get one (Y)

Hi Taffyman , thats the very reason i have decided to make these pieces . The products are untested for Bonsai use but are basically rot proof and waterproof .The large 1m tray weighs 7.5 kgs, a granite slab i have here 700mm weighs 22 kgs . Now the pedestal weighs 20 kgs wet , 1 in rock would be around 40- 50 kg . Weight was the biggest motivator then availability / Price . Just sent the small landscape tray to Hervey Bay to have it tested under a Willow leaf fig and Qld humidity .Cheers
alpinebonsart
Curator

Postby taffyman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:03 pm

Hervey Bay???? That's only 40km from where I am in Maryborough!! :shock: :lol:
Taffy
Have fun, life is way too short for anything else
taffyman
Garden Wizard

Return to Bonsai