Fresia duo

This is the Garden Express Rose Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed February 16th 2007 - winners announced.

Fresia duo

Postby froglover » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:28 am

I just love this photo of my Fresia rose - so delicate and an unusual unfurling of the bloom. :)

Image
User avatar
froglover
Senior Curator
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Empire Bay, NSW... for 2 more months!

Postby The Estate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:12 am

Georgeous Froggy, love the little water droplets, and they smell excellent as well, what a bonus :P
The Estate
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 14753
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am

Postby froglover » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:31 pm

Thanks TheE - I just go around the garden snapping away madly and sometimes there is just one pic that stands out more than others - this one did it for me this time because of the dew drops and the way the bud is unfurling. :)
User avatar
froglover
Senior Curator
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Empire Bay, NSW... for 2 more months!

Postby froglover » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:33 pm

Oh, and I am so THRILLED that I have finally been shown how to put my photos up on here as clickable thumbnails! :D :D My photos are always well over a 1MB!! :oops:
User avatar
froglover
Senior Curator
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Empire Bay, NSW... for 2 more months!

Postby The Estate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:36 pm

froglover wrote:Oh, and I am so THRILLED that I have finally been shown how to put my photos up on here as clickable thumbnails! :D :D My photos are always well over a 1MB!! :oops:

I download all my pics. to postcard size, maybe I should try and learn this thumbnail thingy :roll: but dont want to make a dill of meself :oops:
The Estate
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 14753
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am

Postby froglover » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:44 pm

The Estate wrote:
froglover wrote:Oh, and I am so THRILLED that I have finally been shown how to put my photos up on here as clickable thumbnails! :D :D My photos are always well over a 1MB!! :oops:

I download all my pics. to postcard size, maybe I should try and learn this thumbnail thingy :roll: but dont want to make a dill of meself :oops:


TheE, a very kind member on here explained to me how to do it on Photobucket... here is her explanantion:

"when you are logged in to your photobucket, tick the box under the photos you want to post (you can select more than one), then go to the bottom of the page. There is a bar that says "Create HTML and IMG code". Click on that and you will get a choice of codes.

For GE you want the 3rd choice, "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended". Click on the code and it will be highlighted and then you can copy for pasting into your post. Preview to make sure you have the effect you want before submitting. "

How easy is that?! :D
User avatar
froglover
Senior Curator
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Empire Bay, NSW... for 2 more months!

Postby The Estate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:50 pm

[img]<a%20href="http://photobucket.com/"%20target="_blank"><img%20src="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/Cheryl1960/New%20Camera%20Pics/IMG_9087.jpg"%20border="0"%20alt="Photobucket%20-%20Video%20and%20Image%20Hosting"></a>[/img]

that dont work, it then when you are downloading or after
The Estate
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 14753
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am

Postby froglover » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:09 pm

The Estate wrote:[img]<a%20href="http://photobucket.com/"%20target="_blank"><img%20src="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/Cheryl1960/New%20Camera%20Pics/IMG_9087.jpg"%20border="0"%20alt="Photobucket%20-%20Video%20and%20Image%20Hosting"></a>[/img]

that dont work, it then when you are downloading or after


AFTER you have uploaded your photos into your photobucket album, you then go to the small photos on your PB album/s, put a tick in the box the photo/s you want to upload to GE as clickable thumbnails, scroll down to the bottom of the PB page and then click on the bar for HTML. Hope that makes sense! :?
User avatar
froglover
Senior Curator
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Empire Bay, NSW... for 2 more months!

Postby The Estate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:32 pm

Nope, no little boxes there at all, just the 3 options for c/p below the pic :roll:
The Estate
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 14753
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am

Postby guzzigirl » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:14 pm

The Estate wrote:Nope, no little boxes there at all, just the 3 options for c/p below the pic :roll:


are you logged in?
“Although you’ll find our house a mess, come in, sit down, converse…
It doesn’t always look like this! Sometimes it’s even worse!”
User avatar
guzzigirl
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 3202
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:19 pm
Location: SE Melbourne

Postby Pam » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:19 pm

Well that's a MUCH easier way to do the thumbnails. :roll:

TheE, check the box under your pic and then scroll down to where it says generate html and IMG code. I do wish they hadn't changed things around!
User avatar
Pam
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 14418
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:06 pm
Location: Bundaberg, Qld

Postby Comeilotei » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:33 pm

Pretty roses ladies!

Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Plant a garden and you plant happiness!
User avatar
Comeilotei
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 4095
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:07 pm
Location: Southern Highlands, NSW

Postby The Estate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:36 pm

[img]<a%20href="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/Cheryl1960/New%20Camera%20Pics/IMG_9086.jpg"[/img]

and I did every thing right and it wont work for me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
The Estate
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 14753
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am

Postby The Estate » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:38 pm

The Estate wrote:[img]<a%20href="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/Cheryl1960/New%20Camera%20Pics/IMG_9086.jpg"[/img]

and I did every thing right and it wont work for me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

been sittin here for over an hour and all I's got is a sore bum from sittin on me's chair :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
The Estate
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 14753
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am

Postby Comeilotei » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:40 pm

Hey TheE, did u get my pm sent 2 days ago???

Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Plant a garden and you plant happiness!
User avatar
Comeilotei
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 4095
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:07 pm
Location: Southern Highlands, NSW

Postby Pam » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:49 pm

Is this what you were wanting, TheE?
Image
User avatar
Pam
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 14418
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:06 pm
Location: Bundaberg, Qld

Postby guzzigirl » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:54 pm

The Estate wrote:
The Estate wrote:[img]<a%20href="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/Cheryl1960/New%20Camera%20Pics/IMG_9086.jpg"[/img]

and I did every thing right and it wont work for me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

been sittin here for over an hour and all I's got is a sore bum from sittin on me's chair :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:



looks like you're trying to do 2 types of code at once!
:lol: :lol:
“Although you’ll find our house a mess, come in, sit down, converse…
It doesn’t always look like this! Sometimes it’s even worse!”
User avatar
guzzigirl
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 3202
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:19 pm
Location: SE Melbourne

Postby froglover » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:25 pm

The Estate wrote:
The Estate wrote:[img]<a%20href="http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/Cheryl1960/New%20Camera%20Pics/IMG_9086.jpg"[/img]

and I did every thing right and it wont work for me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

been sittin here for over an hour and all I's got is a sore bum from sittin on me's chair :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:


DON'T click the [img] bit - just copy and paste! :D
User avatar
froglover
Senior Curator
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:08 am
Location: Empire Bay, NSW... for 2 more months!

Postby Spider Lily » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:49 pm

Gorgeous Fresia, Froglover and great shot, and thanks for the tips on thumbnails :D
User avatar
Spider Lily
Gardening Sage
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:30 am
Location: Sydney, NSW

Postby The Estate » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:41 am

Pam wrote:Is this what you were wanting, TheE?
Image


yep :roll: :cry:
The Estate
Garden Wizard
 
Posts: 14753
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am


Return to Rose 2007 Photo Competition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron