Recycling Feature

This is the Garden Express Garden Features 2007 Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions (updated) and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed 15th August 2007 - winners announced.

Recycling Feature

Postby Patricia » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:30 am

My second "garden feature"...my old laundry tubs providing a new home for some goldfish... :D
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby The Estate » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:29 am

that looks great Pat, and the cute puppy :P
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Primmie » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:35 am

Wow thats so pretty! :D :D I'm sure the fish would be very happy there. :D :D :D

Is the tub those old double concrete ones?
"The risk it takes to remain tight inside the bud is more painful than the risk it takes to blossom"
Anais Nin
Primmie
Curator

Postby Comeilotei » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:02 pm

Oh Patricia, I love your clever garden/water feature! I always like fish/water in the garden, just so tranquil! What colour water iris have you got there? I only have a brownish/rust coloured one.

Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Plant a garden and you plant happiness!
Comeilotei
Garden Wizard

Postby tilly » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:22 pm

looks so lush and cool...love the bits and pieces..the train passengers must like the view :)
You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown
tilly
Gardening Sage

Postby Comeilotei » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:41 pm

tilly wrote:...the train passengers must like the view :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's true! :wink:

Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Garden Wizard

Postby mumchook » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:12 am

It looks simply lovely.

That's what I'm aiming for, a full garden with lots of interesting plants and bits and pieces.

You people have such lovely gardens and great ideas. Cannot comment of all of them as I'd be here all day - it takes ages for photo's to show on dial up here. Howver, You're very inspirational to this rather basic gardener who's still learning the ropes and planting as fast as time, money, WATER and rampant kikuyu allows!

:D
mumchook
Head Gardener

Postby jasalim » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:18 am

that's a great way to recycle (Y) ~ I love your pond :D
Ali
jasalim
Curator

Postby Pam » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:36 pm

That looks terrific, Patricia! :D

May I ask what the ground-covery thing around the puppy is please?
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks each of you for your interest...
& yes Primmie the laundry tubs are the old heavy concrete type (often seen used as water troughs out in rural areas) ..Comei ...my water iris is a light mauve with touch of yellow (maybe we can do a swap down the track ..as I am always dividing them up...they tend to spread rather rapidly)..& Pam the ground cover is Ranunculus Repens (creeping buttercup) which I do have to thin out every so often as it can be a little invasive... :lol:
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby Luzy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:28 pm

What a beautiful haven, Patricia - it all looks so lush and full, and really peaceful. (Y) :D

Mumchook, I think that we all find so much inspiration here - so many creative and clever people with different ideas that, even if we can't do it (yet!), we can dream about it and share it! 8)
Luzy
Garden Wizard

Postby Comeilotei » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:42 pm

Patricia wrote:Comei ...my water iris is a light mauve with touch of yellow (maybe we can do a swap down the track ..as I am always dividing them up...they tend to spread rather rapidly)

Shall do Patricia! :D Hope you don't mind waiting till I'm ready to garden again... :roll:

Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Comeilotei
Garden Wizard

Postby Patricia » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:08 pm

Comei & here I was has you in the delivery ward!!!!... :shock: :shock: & yes am happy to wait until you get back to your gardening ie re the water irises...sleep tight & hope it all works out well for you both!!
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby abwal » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:42 pm

So fresh and vivacious, Patricia. Beautiful.
Gardening is sharing.
abwal
Garden Wizard

Return to Garden Features 2007 Photo Competition