Daffodils and feature

This is the Garden Express Garden Features 2007 Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions (updated) and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed 15th August 2007 - winners announced.

Postby Ophelia » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:51 pm

Primmie wrote:Mmmmmmm Ophelia I been trying to answer that question myself as I have another project I want to start - I am pretty sure I used an undercoat (not a sealer as such) under the sandstone paint more to make the sandstone paint go on easier and not waste so much :) :) It has stood up really well, the only issue was a possum knocked it over :x :x :x and it broke in half - it was easily glued back together though. I love Hebel (Y) (Y)

Nothing in this world is safe from possums, it would seem. :lol: Good to hear that it's otherwise held up well. Has it withstood much wet weather though? That's the thing I'm worried about...going to the trouble to sculpt something cool only to have it fall apart if it gets heavily rained on.
Ophelia
Curator

Postby shine » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:31 pm

very nice. I like both!
I'd much rather regret something I have done, than haven't done.
shine
Gardening Sage

Postby Primmie » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:11 pm

Ophelia, it has sat in the rain and under the sprinkler - it has been outside for about 2 years now without any ill effects. A completely natural piece of hebel ( a turtle my partner told me - mmmmmmmm its all in the interpretation they tell me :D :D :D ) just went a little green but again didn't dissolve. It is after all just aerated concrete :) :)
"The risk it takes to remain tight inside the bud is more painful than the risk it takes to blossom"
Anais Nin
Primmie
Curator

Postby Ophelia » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:13 pm

Excellent! Good to hear. :D
Ophelia
Curator

Previous

Return to Garden Features 2007 Photo Competition