Late Spring

This is the Garden Express 2007 Spring Garden Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed November 30th 2007, winners announced.

Postby Abbi » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:06 pm

bubba louie wrote:Forgive a geographically challenged QLDer but could you narrow down a bit on just where the Northern Tablelands is?

If you ever travel to Sydney, Bubba, you've probably driven through the area. AKA New England Tablelands. Glenn Innes, Guyra, Armidale etc.

It's 500m higher than your Toowoomba, gorgeous unforgettable scenery and wonderful mild summers.

Some would say ghastly winters, down to minus 15 degrees, but thats OK too, if you're curled up in front of an open fire with a book in one hand and a coffee in the other! 8)
Abbi
Gardening Sage

Postby Mister Wisteria » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Gee Abbi, you won me right over until you mentioned the 15 degress below minus. :shock: :roll: :lol:
Slip Slop & Slap and Don't Forget Your Hat.

Anti Skin Cancer Foundation.
Mister Wisteria
Garden Wizard

Postby bubba louie » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Abbi wrote:
bubba louie wrote:Forgive a geographically challenged QLDer but could you narrow down a bit on just where the Northern Tablelands is?

If you ever travel to Sydney, Bubba, you've probably driven through the area. AKA New England Tablelands. Glenn Innes, Guyra, Armidale etc.

It's 500m higher than your Toowoomba, gorgeous unforgettable scenery and wonderful mild summers.

Some would say ghastly winters, down to minus 15 degrees, but thats OK too, if you're curled up in front of an open fire with a book in one hand and a coffee in the other! 8)

Are yes, know it well. We once rode from Bathurst in the pouring rain in winter and when we reached Guyra I had a mini melt down and insisted we stop. Closest I've come to hyperthermia I think. It was my first long bike trip and I only had uggies on my feet and leaky rain gear. I learnt fast.
bubba louie
Garden Wizard

Postby Abbi » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:04 pm

:lol: :roll: Yep! That's the place !!!!!!!!!
Abbi
Gardening Sage

Postby Lin » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:02 am

Abbi, that's absolutely gorgeous... I love the seat under the tree and the colour in the flower beds. The mild summers sound pretty good too.... and I think I could cope with the good book and the open fire in winter - sounds idyllic. And I bet you don't get carried off by mosquitoes every time you set foot outside the door at this time of the year either :(
Lin
Garden Wizard

Postby abwal » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:56 am

That is a tremendous shot.
Gardening is sharing.
abwal
Garden Wizard

Postby Abbi » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:40 am

Hardly any mossies here Lin. I do have lots more flies though.....this is sheep country! :roll: :roll:

Weatherchannel says the whole country is in the grip of a heatwave, but it was only mid twenties here. Same as Hobart.
Abbi
Gardening Sage

Previous

Return to Spring Garden 2007 Photo Competition