Climbing Cinderella

This forum is specifically for queries and discussion related to the selection, care and enjoyment of roses.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Sam, Bulbinella

Climbing Cinderella

Postby tazzidevil » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Has anyone grown this rose for more than 3 or 4 years? I planted a couple last winter and love the blooms and perfume and am considering growing a couple over a large wooden frame, about 2.5 mtrs. high and 2 mtres across....too early to tell from my existing plants how they will mature over the next several years...not sure if they will furnish blooms all the way up the plant even if I prune correctly so would appreciate some feedback.
Many thanks. Tassidevil
tazzidevil
Lawn trimmer

Re: Climbing Cinderella

Postby ausdew » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:27 pm

I have a Cinderella since 2008 and has grown well, very beautiful.

Less trouble than most other roses and looks good too.
ausdew
Apprentice

Postby tazzidevil » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks ausdew...can you tell me how high its grown since you've had it..also does it flower all the way up or just at the very end of the shoots.

Many thanks, tassidevil
tazzidevil
Lawn trimmer

Postby ausdew » Tue May 08, 2012 5:54 am

Tazzidevil

It has grown about 2m high by 4m wide.

It seems to flower along the canes as well as the ends, I am very pleased with it as it is one of my best performing roses.

Ausdew.
ausdew
Apprentice

Postby tazzidevil » Wed May 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Thanks ausdew.... yes, its a brilliant rose- I too just love the blooms and the fragrance but think it maybe too wide and too short for the purpose I need it for... but I can still enjoy the two plants I already have growing against a fence. I think I'll plant a couple of Light Touch instead..already have two of those growing either side of the verandah..they're virtually thornless and flower from the ground up..give an incredible display on the spring flowering...listen to me...could talk about roses all day..could bore for Australia o n the subject!!

Cheers, Tazzidevil
tazzidevil
Lawn trimmer

Return to Roses