Trident maple root over rock

This sub-Forum is for posts on the basics of Bonsai, handy tips and other useful ideas to get you started on your own Bonsai. If you are new to Bonsai, read here before posting queries as you may find the answer. Ask questions on the main Bonsai forum and if the answer is of general interest it will end up here.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, taffyman, DrDuncs

Trident maple root over rock

Postby alpinebonsart » Wed May 05, 2010 6:25 am

This is a similar method as the Pheonix graft .I combined 30 odd whips together to make a substantial trunk and to create big movement .
100_5191.jpg
I carved grooves into the selected rock with a grinder to place the individual roots of the selected whips into to create what should be an almost aged knarly old Trident
100_5193.jpg
.Using 15 or so hand picked whips i wrapped the bases together firmly then placed the into the rock and secured with more string
100_5195.jpg
.Using the larger tap roots on the better trees i inserted them into the grooves and again tied off with string.Adding the remainder of the whips in 2 stages ,separating the finer roots to place the additional tap roots into the remaining grooves,repeat if necessary to infill any gaps .With this completed i then wrapped the entire base and rockas firm as possible into one ,removing the temperary anchour strings as i proceded
alpinebonsart
Curator

Re: Trident maple root over rock

Postby alpinebonsart » Wed May 05, 2010 6:46 am

With the trees attached i proceed with wrapping the trunk and creating the movement i desire.Starting at the base simply spiral wrap the string around as firm as possible with damaging the seedlings .
100_5201.jpg
I have used purpose trained whips {note the extreme bend in the larger ones }to create the movement by bending the others into the same profile .
100_5204.jpg
If the profile is set before wrapping it will hold the majority of the curve .Use an anchor string to assist .Continue this process up the trunk and to the apex creating a fork or any thing that takes your fancy .With the string wrap completed ,spiral wrap with wire and shape
100_5210.jpg
.Pot up useing a purpose made split pot or simply make one with an old plastic pot or sew one together using shade cloth .
alpinebonsart
Curator

Re: Trident maple root over rock

Postby alpinebonsart » Wed May 05, 2010 6:53 am

100_5211.jpg
I used the split pot and a shade cloth sleeve as the 200mm pot was not big enough and didn't cover the base of the rock .Come Spring time this will come out of the oven and it should fly .Cheers and happy bonsai Alpine
alpinebonsart
Curator

Cheap NHL Jerseys Online

Postby FrhjwIv2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Bryant has not been a starter for the Lions,http://www.soccerpro.us.com/Argentina/, but he did have a sack in each of the last two games. He'll be eligible to return after Detroit's game against Minnesota on Thanksgiving.
Detroit also announced Tuesday that it has signed tight end Matthew Mulligan and acquired cornerback Johnthan Banks in a trade with Tampa Bay,Discount NFL Jerseys. The Lions sent a 2018 conditional seventh-round draft pick to the Buccaneers,NFL Jerseys China.
"When we signed Armonty,Cheap Jerseys China, we knew additional discipline from the NFL was a possibility due to an incident that occurred in 2015,Cheap Jerseys Online," the team said in a statement. "Since joining our team,China NFL Jerseys, Armonty has met our expectations on and off the field."
FrhjwIv2
Groundsperson

Return to Bonsai How To Guide