Zen Garden

This is the Garden Express Container Gardening Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed June 30th 2008, winners announced.

Moderator: Forum_mod

Zen Garden

Postby Krystal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:52 am

Well this is my zen garden that I made - only you can't have something like this when you have cats :( The little fern disappeared, the mondo grass got chewed up, the water got spilt and licked up and the sand got kicked everywhere! So much for using it to relax :roll: I even made the little rake for it - at least I got to enjoy making it :)

Oh and I would have photoshopped out the background mess of my desk and cropped it except photoshop is broken! :shock:
So much to do, so little time, so many distractions...
Krystal
Head Gardener

Re: Zen Garden

Postby The Estate » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:58 am

What is a Zen garden, very interesting stuff :-?
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Mister Wisteria » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:14 am

Still looks good even with the intervention of the cat. :lol: I know the feeling, I potted up 5 new Roses yesterday and as fast as I put the earth my cat dug it out. :evil:
Slip Slop & Slap and Don't Forget Your Hat.

Anti Skin Cancer Foundation.
Mister Wisteria
Garden Wizard

Postby abwal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:57 pm

That is nice, Krystal. I wonder if they have many cats in Japan. :)
Gardening is sharing.
abwal
Garden Wizard

Postby Marleneann » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:42 pm

Krystal wrote:Well this is my zen garden that I made - only you can't have something like this when you have cats :( The little fern disappeared, the mondo grass got chewed up, the water got spilt and licked up and the sand got kicked everywhere! So much for using it to relax :roll: I even made the little rake for it - at least I got to enjoy making it :)

Oh and I would have photoshopped out the background mess of my desk and cropped it except photoshop is broken! :shock:

Live and learn....I have never heard of a Zen Garden. That is unusual!
Marleneann on beautiful Buderim.
Marleneann
Head Gardener

Postby veg gardener » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:54 pm

thats looks very nice.
veg gardener
Gardening Sage

Postby Krystal » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:32 am

Thanks, a zen garden is mainly sand and rocks and things which they rake patterns into everyday! You can get kits that are meant for desks and such but they just have the sand, rake and a couple of pebbles - it is supposed to be relaxing, unless you have cats. I wanted mine to have a mini garden though and might try to make one with a bonsai one day - if I can look after one without killing it first! :oops:

Mr W - that would have been very cute to watch! I only let my cat out on the balcony occaisionly and have to watch him constantly as he eats everything or digs in it or knocks it over!

Abwal - somehow I don't think they would have many cats otherwise their zen gardens would be giant litterboxes!
So much to do, so little time, so many distractions...
Krystal
Head Gardener

Return to Container Gardening Photo Competition