New Members Entries

This is the Garden Express Container Gardening Photo Competition. Entrants need to be Garden Express Forum members. Please refer to the Competition Terms & Conditions and the specific Judging Criteria and Prize announcements. Entries closed June 30th 2008, winners announced.

Moderator: Forum_mod

New Members Entries

Postby Patricia » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Have just been looking through all the entries in the current comp....no disrespect to any of our "older members" ...but think its really good to see some of the newer members participating in the comps.....its all about showcasing our garden efforts :D ...don't know about others on here but I gather lots of ideas from all the garden pics I see on GE.....thanks to GE for continuing these comps..
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Re: New Members Entries

Postby Marleneann » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Patricia wrote:Have just been looking through all the entries in the current comp....no disrespect to any of our "older members" ...but think its really good to see some of the newer members participating in the comps.....its all about showcasing our garden efforts :D ...don't know about others on here but I gather lots of ideas from all the garden pics I see on GE.....thanks to GE for continuing these comps..

I find this competition section is great Pam...as you say....I may not be able to copy ideas but it gets me thinking in different directions.
...oh ...and thanks to the sponsors!
Marleneann on beautiful Buderim.
Marleneann
Head Gardener

Postby The Estate » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:54 pm

I agree, like a lots of us now have chooks :lol: :lol: , and I have planted quite a few things I have dicovered here (Y)
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby Mosquito » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:35 pm

I think its a terrific idea,these compititions.Gives us a bit of incentive.I have got plenty of idea's from looking thru here and have pinched some idea's like Rosie's brilliant Salad Bar.Oh and Im also the proud owner of Rooster and his harem of 4 hens as well. :lol:
Mosquito
Curator

Postby Bulbinella » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:07 pm

I agree with you Patricia, it is great to see so many new members participating, not just in the comps, but also on the forum, I always think we all at sometime have something to 'teach' as well as 'learn' and it's a good feeling knowing that we are a very friendly, caring lot.

Our motto should be ... 'we share and we care'

Good luck to all who have entered.
Bulbinella
Garden Wizard

Postby midgin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:05 pm

Patricia wrote: ...but think its really good to see some of the newer members participating in the comps.....its all about showcasing our garden efforts :D ......

Yes, I have been saying the very same thing for some time...even PM'd some members to encourage them to enter. I enjoy looking at the wonderful efforts of others, we all love photos on GE.
midgin
Garden Wizard

Postby veg gardener » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:36 pm

can i still enter a photo tomorrow as my camrea battires are flat. If i can't ill be sad.
veg gardener
Gardening Sage

Postby tilly » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:39 pm

Veggie you can enter tomorrow it is the last day....so charge those batteries :D
You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown
tilly
Gardening Sage

Postby veg gardener » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:40 pm

yes i am charging the batteries i got told i can get my rasied veggie gardens ill take a photo of the beetroot. also i have 4 pots out the front near the front door ill take a photo of them and enter. Don't think ill be a winner.
veg gardener
Gardening Sage

Postby tilly » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:43 pm

well you never know veggie.....its just the fun of it and we all get to look at others ideas and efforts...plus it is good fun clicking away in the garden :) :)
tilly
Gardening Sage

Postby veg gardener » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:46 pm

yeah are you up near singoletn (sorry about spelling)
veg gardener
Gardening Sage

Postby tilly » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:22 pm

yes thats right veggie
tilly
Gardening Sage

Postby veg gardener » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:25 pm

i am 1 hour away from there near maitland dad travels up there every single day of the week as he works in the coal mines.
veg gardener
Gardening Sage

Postby Patricia » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:33 pm

My hubby remarked today that I seem to have the camera in my hand more often than the spade.. :shock: ..he was just joking...but I do love to play with the camera I must admit...he said this though just after I had finished digging a new garden & had transplanted a whole lot of clivias..
Tai Chi - Mind, body and spirit are all exercised simultaneously. The continuous flowing movements of Tai Chi are based on the principle that running water never stagnates. The gentle movements relax your muscles while strengthening your body and mind.
Patricia
Gardening Sage

Postby The Estate » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:36 pm

On average I would take up to 50 pics per week, dont save all :oops:
The Estate
Garden Wizard

Postby veg gardener » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:36 pm

i dont take many say 1 or 2.
veg gardener
Gardening Sage

Postby midgin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Photography and gardening are integrated...me thinks.. :wink:
midgin
Garden Wizard

Postby tilly » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:19 pm

I'm always clicking away and like Thee don't save all.....I would prefer to do weekends though cause my street being busy...I sometimes feel silly with people looking...
tilly
Gardening Sage

Postby Krystal » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:47 am

Can I just say that everyone's photos are beautiful! Not only do you all have beautiful gardens but I think it may be true that photography goes hand in hand with gardening as both your photos and gardens are great!

I would post a reply on everyone's photos except I have slow internet here and I have to open pages then go do something before coming back to have a look. But I love all of the photos that load and even the parts of photos that sometimes load :)

And thank you to everyone, I get a glimpse of your gardens which give me ideas for my very own future gardens and all the different and beautiful plants out there.
So much to do, so little time, so many distractions...
Krystal
Head Gardener

Return to Container Gardening Photo Competition