Adenium Obesum

A forum to post photos and descriptions of plants and garden pests for possible identification by other Forum members. Identification may not be possible but it never hurts to ask.

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Sam, Luzy, Bulbinella

Adenium Obesum

Postby daisy52 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:50 am

Hi all

Something is eating my adeniums. I have small seedlings growing and whatever it is, it eats the top leaves off. I don't know if this will kill the plant or not. I suspect snails or slugs, but there are no slimey trails left. I could cry because its taken me sooooooooooo long to get the process for growing right. Any assistance would be wonderful

Leanne *sniff*
daisy52
Gardener

Re: Adenium Obesum

Postby abwal » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:19 am

If your seedlings are still small. it may be possible for you to build a 'cage' of flyscreening for them. Make sure that the screen is well clear of the tops of the seedlings. It should also be well secured at the bottom so nothing can gain access. A fine spray will penetrated the screening for watering when necessary.

For larger plants, you may have to resort to snail baits. It is assumed you have ruled out grasshoppers, but, if not, you may need to use an insecticide as a last resort.
Gardening is sharing.
abwal
Garden Wizard

Re: Adenium Obesum

Postby daisy52 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:10 am

Thanks very much. Its only the newer seedlings they're attacking so I put them up high so if a snail/slugs wants to eat them, by the time they did all that climbing they's be too worn out to eat them LOL
daisy52
Gardener

Return to Plant & Pest ID