!!!Best species to turn a profit $$$???

A Forum for discussion of non-native trees and shrubs. Topics related to trees and shrubs normally used to provide fruit should be posted under 'Fruit & Produce' Forum. (Where known, topics related to Australian native trees and shrubs should be posted in that Forum).

Moderators: Forum_mod, Pam, Sam, enrico, Shotgun Paul.

!!!Best species to turn a profit $$$???

Postby AussieLuke » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:40 am

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum and looking forward to growing my knowledge and some plants so thank you in advance!

I have some land in the lower hunter valley in NSW and I can see an opportunity to use this land to turn a profit with growing some trees. I'm just after some advice on what is best to grow for the area/climate.

Goal: Plant and grow trees appropriate for the environment/climate and sell them with a fairly quick turn around 1-2 years and something that can handle being relocated.

Soil: Acidic fertile soil

Climate: Plenty of sunlight, hot humid summers, Cold winters with frequent frost in the deep winter months

Surrounding vegetation: Sclerophyll vegetation and red gums

Potting/planting method: I have many acres so some advice on what is best with the view of removing the trees when they are ready for sale. Simply planting in the soil? keeping in pots?

So In short I'd love any advice on a profitable species, or several, that can handle the conditions detailed above. Best things to grow? Best time to plant?

All inputs welcome as I'm keen to build as much knowledge as I can! Thank you!!
AussieLuke
Apprentice

Return to Trees & Shrubs