Not, Happy, G.E

We welcome your feedback on the Garden Express website and ideas on how we can better serve your needs.

Moderator: Forum_mod

Not, Happy, G.E

Postby Paz » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:41 pm

I just received my bulb order from garden express the other day, i purchased 6 bulbs each of the double hyacinth varieties. I was very shocked when i opened the bags, i noticed that the bulbs were much smaller than i anticipated!So i got out some string and measured the bulb circumference. The result being an average of 10.5cm and the smallest size being 10cm, i was shocked that G.E would send these sizes out! They seemed like planting stock quality. I also ordered 3 hyacinth vase kits and saw the same thing, small bulbs.. In past years my experience with growing hyacinths has been extensive and have ordered/received/grown bulbs being of sizes 16/17cm. I've noticed trends in their growing habits and have been able to compare size of bulb with flower size or capability and number of florets..I know the bulbs i have received wont produce flowers of the same quality as others that I've received in the past from other bulb company's, because a few years ago i received hyacinths the same size as G.E sent me, and less than half flowered, but the ones that did had significantly less florets and were thin and weak plants..

AND to top the lot off, i also received my 2 boxes of crocus vase kits that i ordered, and 6 out of 8 of the corms fell into the bottom of the carafe. On the web site it stated that the box will contain 4 LARGE corms- so they can actually sit in the top part of the carafe and not fall through. This was not the case. I don't know what to do about this, because i don't want to ring up G.E and seem like a fake or a nasty customer, for some reason i always feel guilty when complaining about something! :? But on the other hand i was so happy to see the synaeda snow tulips i ordered, they were nice juicy sized bulbs! What to do about all of this!!!!! it will upset me when i see all these hyacinths that ive spent plenty of money on, grow, and be a disappointment.. :cry:
Paz
Gardener

Re: Not, Happy, G.E

Postby Sam » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi Paz - the best thing to do is to ring GE - I have always found them to be very helpful with this sort of thing. I once had mislabelled bulbs - didn't realise until they flowered. When I mentioned it when ordering the next year they automatically replaced them.
“Tomatoes and oregano make it Italian, wine and tarragon
make it French, sour cream makes it Russian, lemon and
cinnamon make it Greek, soya sauce makes it Chinese, Garlic
makes it good.” Alice May Brock, Alice’s Restaurant Cookbook.
Sam
Garden Wizard

Postby karyn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:07 pm

I agree, give them a ring. I have had a few plant orders only, and on both occasions have had very sad looking or dead plants arrive. They are always good about it on the phone.
karyn
Gardening Sage

Postby tam » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:15 pm

I lost a few plants from my last order as they were not too healthy when they arrived. I must admit I have been disappointed by the size of plants on occasion. After a phone call to GE i received a credit. I have since lost a few more plants but feel like a fraud ringing them. I will just be more particular with what I order in future.
tam
Gardening Sage

Postby ian » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:04 am

Hi Paz

I have asked our Customer Service Team Leader to follow up with you as you shouldn't have had those problems. I would encourage anyone who has a problem with their order to call as although we try and minimise problems they do happen at times and we are happy to stand by our guarantee.
ian
Site Admin

Postby Yani » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi Paz,

Sorry this may be old thread but definately ring GE and speak to their customer service OR you can email them. They are VERY helpful. A few plants I bought didn't grow/damage during transit and GE replaced them all!!! Yes, I do feel bad complaining but if you didn't tell them, they won't know. I'm very happy buying most of my garden goodies from GE and I've been their regular customer for about 2 years :) .

So, did you ring GE and how did you go? Hope everything sorted out already :)
Mouse and Bunny ROCKS!!! :lol: :lol:

Image Image
Yani
Garden Wizard

Return to Feedback