Inactive Users / Zero Posts

We welcome your feedback on the Garden Express website and ideas on how we can better serve your needs.

Moderator: Forum_mod

Re: Inactive Users / Zero Posts

Postby mousiehousie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:15 pm

I don't have a lot to add to this just wanted to say I am here :lol: One comment though on the person who said that they browsed and got good information from the forum.but didn't post Wouldn't it be an easy thing to just do a little post once in a while to say " Thank You for the useful information I am gleaning from the forum. " At least then you are a given even if you don't participate on a regular basis . Of course it is a given that you can only participate in discussions if you have something to add I belong to several quilting groups and when joining I look to see the number of posts in the last week [ or whatever] as I have found that you cannot tell by the membership numbers if it is group that is worthwhile joining or not. Been there , done that, been caught .
mousiehousie
Gardening Sage

Postby belladonna » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:52 pm

I belong to a small forum of 20ish people who regularly post we are a close bunch even having get togethers. There are a number of people who join then just read occasionally adding something, my point don't dismiss joining a forum because of small numbers of active users, you may find true friends as I have.
The glory of the garden: hands in the dirt,
head in the sun,heart with nature.
To nurture a garden is to feed
not just the body ,but the soul.
Alfred Austin 1835-1913
belladonna
Senior Curator

Postby Heart_Of_Hush » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Ohhhh Humbuggggggggggggg

well you know what

you may as well delete me then

for heavens sake
Heart_Of_Hush
Propagator

Postby RayE » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Hi HofH,so you haven't been around for a while,maybe you could have been constuctive and said why it's a bad idea.
Also notice that you have joined another forum recently with 200 members,not enough action here for you with 3800+ members? bye Ray
RayE
Head Gardener

Postby mousiehousie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:56 am

Belladonna I am not knocking small groups if they are active. If you enjoy yours good on you. It sound more like a social group though. I am not interested in groups meeting and socializing. I am wanting an information forum not a social group.
mousiehousie
Gardening Sage

Postby Pam » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:20 am

abwal wrote:
On a previous occasion when this came up, I contacted Ian and he said that space was not a problem and there was no need to remove any names.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Previous

Return to Feedback