We welcome your feedback on the Garden Express website and ideas on how we can better serve your needs.

Moderator: Forum_mod

Re: Log in

Postby Pam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:49 am

What browser do you use Macmaples?
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby MacMaples » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Safari.
(Still logged in this time. :) )
MacMaples
Senior Curator

Postby Damien » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:31 am

Okay so this happened to me yesterday after an absence from the forum for a couple of weeks. I understand cookies can expire and so wasnt fussed I had to log in again even though I'm ticked to stay logged in. I have the password auto stored in Firefox so when I come to this site and I'm not logged in, it auto fills it and i hit go.

This time however I go to the login page to see "you've exceeded the number of login attempts for this site" after hitting Login with my saved details. I couldnt log in with the CAPTCHA, they are not only hard to read but for some reason, no matter how carefully I entered it, it would not let me in.

Ended up doing a "I forgot my password" and went through that process. Once logged back in to forum I changed my password in my profile back to the one I've always used. Mac is this an idea for you to try?

Perhaps something in the forum database has gone a bit screwy. If you force it to generate a new password for you and then you manually change it... It might fix your log in issue.

Damien
"oh that says plant one metre apart... oh i see..."
Damien
Head Curator

Previous

Return to Feedback