Is it me or the site?

We welcome your feedback on the Garden Express website and ideas on how we can better serve your needs.

Moderator: Forum_mod

Is it me or the site?

Postby betr2garden » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:19 am

The past few weeks I have had to log on every time I look at a different page or menu. Every time I reply to a topic (when I am logged on), the moment I submit the post the login screen comes up. Once I log in .... again .... I have to start my post again as it is lost. Sometimes I have rewritten the post several times before it goes through. Sometimes I have gone to the trouble of getting links for someone and I have to go find them again.

I will need to start copying my posts before pressing submit just so I don't have to remember what I said.

Really not fun using the site anymore. It wasn't like this before. :cry:
Keep fighting for what you want tomorrow to be!
betr2garden
Gardener

Re: Is it me or the site?

Postby Pam » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:45 am

The good news is it's just you. We'll miss you.

Hahahahaha Just kidding!

A few of us have had this happen at one time or another. I seem to recall it was fairly simple to fix. Firstly, check that the box to keep you logged in is ticked. If the problem still persists, clear cookies and cache, then make sure the box is ticked. If that doesn't fix it, let us know.
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby MacMaples » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:28 pm

I had a log-in problem a while back. These days as long as I remember to tick the box to stay logged in I seem to be okay for a while. It used to be that when I logged in I would stay logged in while moving around the site and only log out when I left the site. So now I make sure that box is ticked every time I log in again. Eventually (days? week or two?) I find I'm not logged in when I come to the site but at least I haven't found myself being logged out in the middle of submitting a post any more. I never did work out why it started happening. So I sympathise with your frustration betr2garden.
MacMaples
Senior Curator

Postby betr2garden » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Pam wrote:The good news is it's just you. We'll miss you.

Hahahahaha Just kidding!

:-P
betr2garden
Gardener

Postby MacMaples » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Maybe it's me? I got the new post email, clicked on the link.... and I'm logged out again. :?
MacMaples
Senior Curator

Postby Pam » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:50 am

Macmaples, it seems to me that your cookies are being deleted at the end of each session. May I ask what browser you are using?
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby Pam » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:52 am

Betr2garden, are you still having problems?
Pam
Garden Wizard

Postby MacMaples » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks Pam but it's okay, as long as I tick the box I stay logged in for a while and don't find myself disappearing in the middle of submitting a post. Finding myself logged out when following a link is a minor irritation, easily fixed. Losing something you've just typed is the real nuisance but since I've paid attention to ticking the box I haven't had that problem. I just wanted to let Betr2garden know (as you said) that weird things have happened to others of us too.
MacMaples
Senior Curator

Postby betr2garden » Mon May 07, 2012 9:24 am

Hi Pam, Sorry I haven't been around much as it has been a little bit annoying getting logged off everytime I log in. Sometimes it's ok, sometimes not. Just as long as others know it's happening.
I've got gardening to do anyway. :lol:
betr2garden
Gardener

Return to Feedback